Game of Thrones fans... do you agree with this...?

As stated in another thread, I'm not a fan (yet?), just a curious onlooker at this stage... I may binge watch the entire show at some point.

Anyhow, I saw this on my Insta feed yesterday... I'm interested to know what genuine GoT addicts have as their assessment thus far. Agree/Disagree? Will it salvage itself in later episodes?

IMG_C525C97FE597-1.jpeg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty much my thoughts:

Total garbage...john kills the queen and the unsullied just capture him? come on...this was a completely half hearted effort to end the show...

Pretty much my thoughts:
XkkKHpQ.jpg

From the very beginning I’ve watched each season/episode. In anticipation of this last season starting in January I rewatched all of the 60+ episodes. I liked it even more the second time around. Just like cigars some are better than others but overall it is a great series and and off cigar would never cause me to stop smoking CC’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Agreed. Last nights episode; so weak. How does the queen just die in a bunch of rocks ? All the abuse she gave she surely deserved to have been killed in a much more sinister way. At minimum her head sliced off for all to witness maybe. As it is seems to be setting up for John snow to become the king and denerius to be killed at the doorstep of her dream to become the lone ruler. So it is as a series ends usually bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We dont know shes dead...
I honestly dont know which way is worse writing

True. Ill keep hope alive ... but it didn’t look good for her and her bother. It is a tv show though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last two seasons for me have been bad. It seems to me that everyone wanted to be done and move on to other things. This caused the show to lose everything that made it great and turned it into a typical action movie / show. It would have been much better had they took the last two years of material and stretched it our to four or five, and added back in all the plot twists and surprises I came to love about the show. 

More than anything, it makes me crave the last couple books even more. At least then I’ll get a satisfying end to one of the best stories ever written. Hopefully.

The first few episodes of the season were excellent.  Then it was like someone went "oh crap we have 2 seasons of plot progression to slapdick together bc were ending this show early for no good reason"

There should be 3 or 4 episodes left and there's 1.  A total disservice to a once great show. 

And on top of that Tyrion, my favorite character, wound up being a feckless idealistic dolt.  Such a shame. 

• Like 2

It seems as season 8 has been rushed & they didn't spend enough time to build the character/story progression. They could have made 8 a full season & even made a 9th. 

• Like 1

I agree with the general sentiment here...the series has been on a downward spiral going on three years...ever since they had to start telewarping characters (with the exception of the whites walkers who were handicapped by apparent governors on their accelerators) all over westeros in order to advance the story to its rushed end...and this ending we are seeing on the show might explain why the books cant be written...the author hasnt quite figured out how to put it to rest...I was expecting a lot more.

They missed a lot with the past season. It’s stopped being a game of thrones show and became a fan pleaser...until last night. I loved Dany’s dark turn. Did they execute it well? Hell no. But it’s so GRRM in that there are no absolute heros, and power is absolutely corrupting. I so wish the night king story line had more punch. They could have done so much more, like him splintering off a smaller force to attack winterfell and attacking Kings Landing with the bulk of his army. That would have been far more tactical and in line with how previous wars were fought...a la Robb Stark at the battle of the whispering wood 

• Thanks 1

After the books ran out and the writers had to come up with their own material it all went to shit. Although I personally think HBO has a pattern of doing this to shows. Amazing until the end, then things go off the rails. 

They have a saying where I’m from. “HBO has zero endgame” 

• Like 1

I have enjoyed this season.  The battle scenes have been fantastic!

But I do agree that what appears to be Cersei's death was lame.  :cowpoop:

Also, if the Red Keep is destroyed, where is the Iron Throne? Just a thought.  :confused:

Hoping that Arya will kill Danerys and Jon will be forced to take the throne.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I loved it, I agree if Cersei is dead that was weak as shit....she deserved such a more violent death.

I see Jon killing Danerys over that shit she pulled. 

• Like 2

Nobody can really tell me that was good writing. Two weeks ago she flew over the Iron Fleet and they downed her second dragon and she just whimpered away. No retaliation. No plan of any kind. It was ass. Everyone is left asking why didn't she fly around and burn the ships. That thing can fly faster than they can turn those dumb arrow launchers. 

Fast forward to this past Sunday and she's BBQ'ing everybody and their mother. Only one dragon left but she's awesome this week and burns the city down even after they surrender. I mean, wtf are these writers thinking? I agree with some of the opinions above too. Cersei caused so much pain and anguish and we're left to imagine she died under a pile of rocks with her incestuous brother. Did they write this ending in crayons?

John continues to confirm one thing.... He's weak! He's never been a King and he might end up on the iron thrown by default but not cause he's worthy. Sansa is more of a King than John will ever be, and I don't like her either. Arya is the ballsiest Stark and not just cause she killed the night King. Bran Stark is the coolest of the Starks. 

Having not read the books, I have no expectations to be ruined.  The show has been fascinating from the start.  I do think some things are being rushed to wrap it up.  Cersei not getting a heinous death is a bit of a letdown.  She and Jamie dying in each others' arms is a bit poetic (and cringey).  The goodbye scene between Jamie and Tyrion was good.  And Danny's 180 "heel turn" is definitely rushed.  IMO, this season needed 10 episodes at least to wrap things up.  Nonetheless, I have enjoyed it.  Hopefully, it will end better than turds like Lost and Dexter.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cersei's death along with Jaime was perfect. The shows main love story has always been about the two of them. The things we do for love? Now he died to be with her at the end. The final episode should be epic. We were all hoping Dany would keep it together but it certainly made it more interesting that she didn't. So who will sit on the throne? I think we are in for a surprise. 

3 hours ago, irratebass said:

I loved it, I agree if Cersei is dead that was weak as shit....she deserved such a more violent death.

I see Jon killing Danerys over that shit she pulled. 

Arya is going to kill Danerys.  Sansa will be on the Iron Throne

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I hope Arya kills Daenerys too, but I don't think there will be a united 7 kingdoms. Nobody left with a claim seems to care and Kings Landing will take decades to rebuild.

Except maybe Bronn just walks into a deserted Kings Landing and starts ruling? ha

8 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I think you're right about Arya, but Jon Snow will get the big chair. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Arya killed the Night King, so I think it wold be bettersweet that Jon kills Dani, since he loves her and all, but now sees the real Dani

• Like 2

I started reading the series in the 1990's.  While GRRM is a good writer, his laziness in finishing left HBO in a hell of a bind.  I am a bit disappointed with what appears a sprint to the finish of what had been a carefully choreographed marathon.  I strongly expect that the rapidly escalating cost of production was the major factor in this change of pace.  Unfortunately, HBO has this habit, as their successful model is attracting subscribers with good content, but then cutting cost and ending series too early (Carnivale, Rome, Deadwood to name a few).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1