MoeFOH

Game of Thrones fans... do you agree with this...?

They should have spread out season 7 and half of season 8 into two separate 20 episode seasons and left the battle for winterfell and kingslanding for 3 x three hour film trilogy for cinema and pay per view.

And shock value is all well and good, but there comes a point where by you just have to give the public what they want and what they wanted was Jon on the throne. Dany going mad and being killed by Jon was a big enough twist in itself. 

Take the time to watch this it's worth it…

The finale is an insult to intelligence in general, and to the intelligence of the people who have acclaimed this show (and the books) for years…

There's a lot already been said, but it simply wasn't a game of thrones ending. If you ignore the huge plot holes, things like 100,000 dothraki vanishing on the way up to winterfell etc, there was no trademarks that made the series successful. IE killings and backstabbing of major characters.

I went in expecting something like only Pod surviving and even then he would be a dribbling quadriplegic. But to have that nonsense happy fairy tale ending was just a joke. The laziest writing I've ever seen in any film/show/book/children's TV cartoon

When D&D were the ones making the decisions and writing the episodes it really fell apart, especially with this rushed season, it's a shame because all of the Acting/Cinematography was incredible. 

• Like 1

Agree with a lot of the comments in here.  They took what was for me the best show in history and slowly but surely destroyed it over the course of a couple of episodes.  The blame is mostly on the two dumbasses, D&D.  The last season had amazing visuals, amazing music, amazing acting, etc.  None of it mattered when the writing was so terrible.

George RR Martin is also to blame.  He had a decade to try and finish the stories, but he didn't.  So his greatest story ever was destroyed.  Even if he finishes the books, I have no interest in reading any more of them.  

On 6/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, CaptainQuintero said:

There's a lot already been said, but it simply wasn't a game of thrones ending. If you ignore the huge plot holes, things like 100,000 dothraki vanishing on the way up to winterfell etc, there was no trademarks that made the series successful. IE killings and backstabbing of major characters.

I went in expecting something like only Pod surviving and even then he would be a dribbling quadriplegic. But to have that nonsense happy fairy tale ending was just a joke. The laziest writing I've ever seen in any film/show/book/children's TV cartoon

Haha the long night fight was hysterical.  Are you a major character?  Don't worry even 100 undead on you won't kill you!

For me, I was done on the next episode with the back to back miracle bolt shots at 5000m hitting a flying object perfectly.  Even in a show with flying dragons and undead, I still can't buy that bullshit.

I remember at the end of season six telling some friends that it just didn’t seem the same show as the first couple of series. There seemed to be less dialogue/plotting/characters coming to realise what has been going on that made it all so watchable to me (just my opinion). I saw an article recently that had this chart in showing the decline season on season of words spoken per minute by characters, with season 8 hitting an all time low. It may be coincidence but it seemed to back up my thinking for a while. 

18F3BF93-C0DA-4D60-9794-B87B17E4426A.jpeg

• Like 1

While I generally agree that the cinematography and production values remained high even as the writing cratered, there were some major slip-ups there as well.  "The Long Night" was so dark that it was impossible to see what was happening a good chunk of the time.

10 hours ago, Deeg said:

While I generally agree that the cinematography and production values remained high even as the writing cratered, there were some major slip-ups there as well.  "The Long Night" was so dark that it was impossible to see what was happening a good chunk of the time.

Good point.  I also enjoyed the multiple star bucks cups and bottles of water left on the set.  100% laziness all around.

I kept hearing D&D just wanted to be done so they can go work on more Star Wars.  Is that actually true?  We don't need a dozen more Star Wars movies... ugh.  

16 minutes ago, RyviaUSA said:

Good point.  I also enjoyed the multiple star bucks cups and bottles of water left on the set.  100% laziness all around.

I kept hearing D&D just wanted to be done so they can go work on more Star Wars.  Is that actually true?  We don't need a dozen more Star Wars movies... ugh.  

It’s true they’re working on new SW movies (sigh), but that bit about just wanting to be done is probably just unfounded slander.

4 minutes ago, Deeg said:

It’s true they’re working on new SW movies (sigh), but that bit about just wanting to be done is probably just unfounded slander.

Yeah who knows.  Just frustrating the break between seasons 7 and 8 was the longest break ever only to release a lousy 6 episodes that screamed laziness and horrendous writing.  

Previously, they could release 10 episode masterpieces with only a year to do it.  

• Like 1

I agree it has progressively declined in the plot depth, but the cinematography and special effects have gotten substantially better!