The friendliest cigar city in the US?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got permanently banned from the talking stick for drunkenly dancing in and breaking an elevator! 

ABC = Anywhere But California

I have been to Ybor and loved it.  My thinking is in on a  Thursday, out on a Sunday and then off to Havana for those who would like to come along. Tie it into the Partagas Festival November 2020

I would have said New Orleans up until about two years ago.  You could smoke in bars in and out of the French Quarter.  No more.  The city was taken over by liberals who outlawed smoking in the bars, including the French Quarter bars.  There are a few cigar lounges, but that's it now.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I got permanently banned from the talking stick for drunkenly dancing in and breaking an elevator! 

Sounds to me like you were just testing the safety limitations of their elevator.....

some States from the south still allow smoking in bars(indoor), that means smoking 'anytime' in the bar? that's cool!

There's still a chance to smoke in the High speed train (Shinkansen) in Japan before next April....  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

I have been to Ybor and loved it. 

My thinking is in on a  Thursday, out on a Sunday and then off to Havana for those who would like to come along. Tie it into the Partagas Festival November 2020. 

I'm usually in Tampa before heading off to Cuba... :lookaround: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riverstyx said:

I have never been to an area here as friendly as ybor.  It’s ingrained in their culture. Ybor City, Tampa FOH 2020

Tampa also has a great concentration of boutique ballet theaters.  

• Haha 1

Definitely Florida. Homebase for oliva, padron, tatuaje, fuente etc, etc, etc... good smoking weather all year, unless a hurricane is rolling through. Outdoor bars everywhere and great fishing to boot. Tropical sized mosquitoes, gators and giant snakes oh my.

Tampa is still the cigar capital of the US.

Dinner at Bern's Steakhouse, only shame you can't smoke in the dessert room anymore. You'll die at the wine cellar. Davidoff lounge right up the road works though.

Book out King Corona for a night and done!

• Like 2

Tampa and Ybor city.  I have never been to a city more welcoming.  You can smoke indoors and outdoors, in the appropriate places.  Ybor is pretty much a free for all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Definitely Florida. Homebase for oliva, padron, tatuaje, fuente etc, etc, etc... good smoking weather all year, unless a hurricane is rolling through. Outdoor bars everywhere and great fishing to boot. Tropical sized mosquitoes, gators and giant snakes oh my.

Sounds like Oz barring the cigar biz except you are still allowed to smoke in public...

Miami is pretty cool and there is Calle Ocho, South Beach, Prime and Deco Drive. My vote is still Tampa.

Throwing in a different city into the mix: Dallas (specifically Addison).  While ever city in America has been in a race to outlaw smoking, Addison (a small city north of Dallas) has embraced smoking.  How and why?  Because Addison is a business-only city.  It’s a city of bars and hotels, and so the city and it’s all-business  owner government has realized a money-making opportunity in being the only place to dine, drink, and smoke like the good old days.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

Throwing in a different city into the mix: Dallas (specifically Addison).  While ever city in America has been in a race to outlaw smoking, Addison (a small city north of Dallas) has embraced smoking.  How and why?  Because Addison is a business-only city.  It’s a city of bars and hotels, and so the city and it’s all-business  owner government has realized a money-making opportunity in being the only place to dine, drink, and smoke like the good old days.  

Good to know. I’ll have to make a pit stop on my way to Corpus next winter.

Tampa is the most cigar friendly area in Florida and has a LOT of great cigar places.  Rob - also some really good fishing!  Ybor city is only a half hour away.  WOO-HOO, I'm up for this!!!

RR - Sarasota, FL

Kansas City, MO is one of the friendliest cities in America (unfortunately not for smoking in bars).  Plenty of cigar bars to smoke in and excellent areas to explore...Westport, the Plaza, 18th and Vine Jazz District, Power and Light District.  Not to mention some of the best BBQ on the planet!  It’s a foodie town with museums, live music, etc!  

It may not be the “friendliest” cigar place in America but it’s a quality place and you won’t regret a visit!  Great ? too! 

Shameless plug for hometown pride!  I don’t even work in tourism here!  

763EADD6-ADBF-4FE6-9E59-AA40AC1DEB4D.jpeg

07F951F4-72B2-4875-98E5-6E27E930B48D.jpeg

80B3968A-08F9-480E-AC1C-8459CFB0BB12.jpeg

AC029FF3-3A10-45AD-BF28-F9AA4C3920EF.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cmbarton said:

Interesting.

I do have reasons for being in Dallas... :lookaround:

Miami is by far the most cigar friendly US city. There are so many amazing restaurants that have cigar friendly patio's and even have humidors offering cigars. One steakhouse in particular even has pre-embargo stock. There are countless fantastic cigar bars all over the place and smoking cigars in clubs here is completely acceptable. Calle Ocho is still an excellent place to go cigar shopping especially if you enjoy Nicaraguan tobacco. I enjoy Tampa for sure but it's nowhere near the level of Miami.