2019 PGA Championship Predictions

I see the sports desk gets little love so I figured i would try here. With golf now a major global sport not just an English/Scottish/American one it’s worth a try. 

Who will win the PGA this week at Bethpage Black ?

The driver and shot making will be the deciding factor imho. 

I like DJ, Rory and Fleetwood Mac. Also for the Aussie’s I’ll throw in J day. 

Anybody have some predictions on the eve of the championship ?

cheers 

Big Cat!

I would love to see this but his driver is too loose just can’t see this being his week... but he is the big cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be there tomorrow and going with Koepka.  The Black is made for him. 

Awesome. Enjoy. I have played it great track ! And brooks is hard to bet against guy has serious game. Lots of my family will be there too.

8 hours ago, SigloVI said:

I’ll be there tomorrow and going with Koepka.  The Black is made for him. 

Listening to people who know a lot more than me about golf make me think Koepka has the best chances if you had to pick one. OTH my heart always wants Tiger. 

• Like 1

So many great pairings ! I am at work and haven’t been able to see the set up but of it’s firm and long maybe -9 wins. These guys are so good it’s anybody’s guess though.

Headed there on Saturday myself and have Koepka in a pool and also don't see anyone catching him at this point. This one is a lot of fun for me as I play it two or three times a year just when I want to beat myself up a bit. At any point if you see someone hitting from a fairway bunker or in the fescue I can totally relate as I have tons of experience in places other than the fairways. Can't relate to them getting it out and advancing it though never mind playing from those back tee boxes amounting to an extra 1000 yards. 

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to 2019 PGA Championship Predictions

Wow, after two rounds I think Brooks Koepka can only lose this as no-one will catch him otherwise.

By the way, am I missing something? The US PGA was traditionally played in August as the last of the 4 majors in a season but this year was moved to May after the Masters and before the US Open? What brought this about?

Wow, after two rounds I think Brooks Koepka can only lose this as no-one will catch him otherwise.
By the way, am I missing something? The US PGA was traditionally played in August as the last of the 4 majors in a season but this year was moved to May after the Masters and before the US Open? What brought this about?

They wanted a major in each month and wanted to get the tour championship and playoffs finished before the NFL season. End of the season has a gruesome schedule so they wanted the majors done a little earlier.

• Thanks 1

I recall when Norman was in a massive lead at the masters. Late 90s. Think it was like an 8 stroke lead going into the final round. Believe he shot like a 63 the first round.
I few bogies early and then it was like an epidemic. It was so hard to watch the tires fall off. Faldo was the eventual champion that year. I don’t think Norman ever really recovered from that loss. Can’t even imagine.

3 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I recall when Norman was in a massive lead at the masters. Late 90s. Think it was like an 8 stroke lead going into the final round. Believe he shot like a 63 the first round.
I few bogies early and then it was like an epidemic. It was so hard to watch the tires fall off. Faldo was the eventual champion that year. I don’t think Norman ever really recovered from that loss. Can’t even imagine.

That was the '96 Masters and I remember it like yesterday. Yes, heartbreaking for Norman and no, he never was the same again. He was 43 by the time he succumbed to injuries in 1998 but the seed was sown way back in 86/87 when Bob Tway holed in from the bunker in the PGA championship on the 18th and Larry Mize chipped in from 45 yards to win the Masters in a playoff. So Greg Norman won 2 British Opens but came second in Major Championships 7 times. He should have won more, but I still think of him as every bit a  great golfer as Nick Faldo. He wisely forego the Seniors Circuit in 2005 (when he turned 50) and concentrated on his hugely successful business empire.

• Like 1

Yes US PGA TOUR .. I.e the only real tour. Moved the Players back to March a la 2006 and before and moved the PGA championship to May also shortened the Fed Ex run to 3 tourneys instead of 4 to combat the college and nfl openings. Now we have March April May June July and August all locked in.
I would say they got lucky with the weather this week it is not so bad typically May weather anywhere north is suspect this time of year but since the venues are selected many years in advance they were stuck and seem to have gotten lucky this year .. although during the practice rounds they were wearing winter hats ...

That was the '96 Masters and I remember it like yesterday. Yes, heartbreaking for Norman and no, he never was the same again. He was 43 by the time he succumbed to injuries in 1998 but the seed was sown way back in 86/87 when Bob Tway holed in from the bunker in the PGA championship on the 18th and Larry Mize chipped in from 45 yards to win the Masters in a playoff. So Greg Norman won 2 British Opens but came second in Major Championships 7 times. He should have won more, but I still think of him as every bit a  great golfer as Nick Faldo. He wisely forego the Seniors Circuit in 2005 (when he turned 50) and concentrated on his hugely successful business empire.

Yes the Shark was my favorite player years ago. What a player !! Every year he would come to Chicago i would go watch him. He definitely should have won more majors but was a class act through and through, which in my book is worth a lot. He had more heart breakers than most, what about the 176 yard shot Robert Gamez made to beat him in 1990 ... at bay hill .. not a major but man this guy had some other players make shots they normally would not have against him.
And I couldn’t agree more about his business empire vs playing golf the shark definitely made the right choice.
Norman was also early in the stage of bringing all the international players to the states on a consistent basis and helpful for these lads to make more money. Truly a remarkable guy and one of the greatest golfers that ever lived.