Don Alejandros rolled too tight. Help!

I purchased a box of Don Alejandro about 6 months ago and I've been letting them rest. I began smoking them and 4 out of the 5 that I've smoked seem to be rolled very tight and were difficult to draw to say the least. Its a shame because they are such beautiful cigars and the flavor was there in spades but the draw was tight enough that it cheated the experience. I understand that cigars are a handmade product and I certainly hope that I've just picked the tight ones in the box and the rest are fine. Does anyone know if this is a common issue for the Don Alejandro? I know they were discontinued... Also, do you have any advice as to fix the issue ? I tried massaging the cigars several times and rolling them between my fingers to no avail. Thanks all!

Try dry boxing them for a few days. Another suggestion is to put the cigar in the fridge for awhile. I remember Rob suggesting doing the fridge method in a post a couple years ago.

• Thanks 1

The only thing I can suggest is buying a perfect draw tool, I bought one and used it several times already, you can google it and purchase it from the web site. Also I would drop your humidity between 62 and 65 % also you can dry box for a few days, when cigars are too moist they tend to have a tighter draw. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Try dry boxing them for a few days. Another suggestion is to put the cigar in the fridge for awhile. I remember Rob suggesting doing the fridge method in a post a couple years ago.

The only thing I can suggest is buying a perfect draw tool, I bought one and used it several times already, you can google it and purchase it from the web site. Also I would drop your humidity between 62 and 65 % also you can dry box for a few days, when cigars are too moist they tend to have a tighter draw. Good luck!

Good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk