Could you have a Rat as a pet?

Rats   

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been there, done that. Daughters each had one when they were young teenagers. Let me say this, I appreciated that they only live a few years lol.

The oldest had a couple ferrets after college. Let me say this.....I wish the ferrets lifespan was as short as the rats.

Two of my favorite pets from my childhood were my two rats Wilma and Betsy. They’re smart and suuuuper clean and lovable. We kept them in a big fish tank with no lid and whenever we’d walk into the room they’d jump up onto the edge and beg for some love. 

I may get one again!

As each wishes, no thanks for me though.

First grade classroom had one, fond memories of being allowed occasionally to take the animal out and handle or setup blocks for it to navigate. Didn’t think anything odd of it at the time. Ours dropped poop as we played, and we would pick it up with a disposable paper and throw away.

Absolutely not. The only thing that scares me more than hot weather is rodents. I can’t even look at a dead mouse.

As beautiful as Di is I couldn’t even look at that pic of her with a rat. Ewwwww.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, BarryVT said:

Not a chance! When I think of rats, I think of filth and disease ridden rodents!  Aren't rats what caused the black plague? Well the fleas from the rats!

Yes rats did spread the plague, but it was a different species, the black rat, to what is commonly kept as pets, the norwegian brown.

*I could handle a pet rat....only if that rat was Splinter, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' mentor * 

• Like 1