things one cannot live without...

personally, i'd be lost without...

Rolls-Royce unveils £37k Champagne chest

21st May, 2019 by Phoebe French

British luxury car maker Rolls-Royce has unveiled a £37,000 Champagne chest which comes complete with four V12 engine-inspired flutes, two “thermal caviar caissons”, two blini holders, two mother of pearl caviar spoons and a canapé capsule.

P90349150_highRes_epicurean-delight-th-6The Champagne chest is the latest addition to Rolls-Royce’s accessory portfolio, a range that also includes a wood-lined cigar humidor, lambswool floor mat, picnic hamper and parasol.

The chest is said to be suitable “for the most extravagant of environments, from a superyacht to the terrace of a private residence”.

The chest is made from aluminium and carbon fibre, coated with black leather and Tudor oak, reflecting the materials used in Rolls-Royce cars. “Naturally, should a patron wish to create a bespoke colour-way, this would of course, be possible,” the statement adds.

P90349155_highRes_epicurean-delight-th-6The chest opens at the touch of a button to reveal a wooden serving tray with a laser-cut stainless steel inlay. It contains four hand-blown crystal Champagne flutes, said to have been inspired by the V12 engine, each boasting a polished aluminium base etched with ‘RR’.

Also included are four embroidered napkins, two red leather ‘hammocks’ for holding glasses or bowls, Champagne coolers made from black anodised aluminium and carbon fibre, two thermal caviar caissons (each with space for a 30g tin), two blini caissons, three porcelain bowls in a matching thermal canapé capsule, and two mother-of-pearl caviar spoons, which attach magnetically to the ‘hammocks’.

The chest, which lights up when opened, is available from dealerships at a starting price of £37,000.

P90349146_highRes_epicurean-delight-th-6

17 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

One only drinks champagne from Jeroboams, which surely fit a 6L V12.  This is very disappointing. 

no!! magnums. 

most jeros are actually filled by transferring contents from bottles (not all but probably most as it is really difficult to make in the usual method in big bottles). 

as someone (oscar wilde, churchill???) said, a magnum is the perfect size bottle for dinner, provided one is dining alone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

no!! magnums. 

most jeros are actually filled by transferring contents from bottles (not all but probably most as it is really difficult to make in the usual method in big bottles). 

as someone (oscar wilde, churchill???) said, a magnum is the perfect size bottle for dinner, provided one is dining alone. 

I was under the impression that transvasage is only permitted for bottles larger than jero - but maybe what goes for sausages, goes for champagne...

31 minutes ago, SirVantes said:

I was under the impression that transvasage is only permitted for bottles larger than jero - but maybe what goes for sausages, goes for champagne...

sausages, i cannot help you with but i have talked to a number of makers who who said that bis how they do it. must check - i suspect you are correct but i know a number have had no problem saying they did it. 

18 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

no!! magnums. 

Winston Churchill: 'A magnum is the perfect size for 2 gentlemen to share over lunch...especially if one of them isn't drinking'.

I love Churchill. I’m listening to The Second World War audio book series now. 

• Like 1