Milkshaking British Politicians

11 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

I have some faith that rationality will take hold eventually

I don't. There is not much happening now that hasn't shown itself over the course of history. But, I do think that the average citizen is fairly rational. I'm of the mind that once a person assumes a role of power, that generally they will do what it takes to retain it.

If the general populous is the center, those in power / elected officials the perimeter, the chaos starts from the perimeter and works it's way inward.

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At no point can physical assault become acceptable in a society that aspires to be civilised.     

Seems tough to control. If milkshakes are outlawed, then society will suffer. And only outlaws will have milkshakes. Or so I’m told.

Bring back the stocks! Perpetrator gets put in stocks in the city square where passing pedestrians can throw free milkshakes at them during a 3 hour window.  Same goes for egg throwers   

8 hours ago, BoliDan said:

The continued and worsening push to far-right and far-left is highly unconscious. I think some content in this thread is actually proving that. ?

I have some faith that rationality will take hold eventually (This is mostly out of necessity, as I have a one-year old son to bring up in this world). But, it may come down to some developed nation going down a very catastrophic path to teach us a lesson in becoming more rational. I hope that is not the case that it gets to that point.

I think the radical elements have gotten more vocal and the more rational, reasonable folks see there isnt much oxygen left for rational conversation.  I have 3 or 4 friends i’ll talk politics with and the rest have lost their minds in either direction (or are so off put they stop being informed).

If you cant talk to someone for an hour about an issue and one of you cant convince the other to change their perspective from time-to-time, its a waste of time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1