My friends, I posted this picture on a Facebook forum and was a bit surprised on the responses.  I don't smoke Cohibas that often. Even as an amateur I knew the Esplendido was fake. Sloppy printing on the label and no hologram.  I thought the pyramid was real, mostly because the label looks legit.  I'm not experienced enough to look at a cigar and judge the construction.  But almost every response was .. Both are fake!   Can anyone explain why the pyramid is fake?  

IMG_20190525_132344.jpg

IMG_20190525_132351.jpg

20 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

1. Cigars terrible rolled

2. Profile of man displaced and have a low quality

77a1c92ba8a92b805badd442f5e80048.jpg

Exactly what jumped out to me too. Plus rolled horribly,  looks like a dog turd! Plus cohiba letters appear to be too bold/thick.

• Thanks 1

Many of the fakes print shiny small print where the holograms would go At first glebe it looks right but on closer inspection it will be clear it's not a true hologram.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GuythePoolGuy said:

Siglo II purchased from FOH.  I do see a difference! Luckily both of the fakes were given to me, I didn't pay anything for them!

15588143202252775869809734582219.jpg

Yes, see how perfectly Indian head is centered in white, and how distinct cohiba Is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a particularly technical break down, I'll grant you, but the head of the Piramides looks like it was snapped off by the back end of a Jack Russel!! That "Esplendido" is a real piece of work :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GuythePoolGuy said:

Amazing to me. I love learning this stuff. I got the magnifying glass out and started studying! My wife walked in on me and just started cracking up. 

If you wanna see something else that's pretty neat, take your real cohiba, look on back of band, use a black light and your magnifying glass, and you will see a CHB code. This is an esplendido from my humidor, all I have is a crappy black light flashlight, but you get the idea. Better examples online if Google, cohiba black light.20190523_090230_001.thumb.jpg.11573494d93c052790dd2edf26aeec53.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BarryVT said:

If you wanna see something else that's pretty neat, take your real cohiba, look on back of band, use a black light and your magnifying glass, and you will see a CHB code. This is an esplendido from my humidor, all I have is a crappy black light flashlight, but you get the idea. Better examples online if Google, cohiba black light.20190523_090230_001.thumb.jpg.11573494d93c052790dd2edf26aeec53.jpg

Wow! Someone on Facebook mentioned the black light but I had no idea what they meant.   Very cool. THANKS

Yes, see how perfectly Indian head is centered in white, and how distinct cohiba Is
Cohiba have had a bad case of Cuba being cuba it seems though. I've seen a lot of heads off center. Even some double stamping of sheets. Taste great and construction was on par so I cant complain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GuythePoolGuy said:

My friends, I posted this picture on a Facebook forum and was a bit surprised on the responses.  I don't smoke Cohibas that often. Even as an amateur I knew the Esplendido was fake. Sloppy printing on the label and no hologram.  I thought the pyramid was real, mostly because the label looks legit.  I'm not experienced enough to look at a cigar and judge the construction.  But almost every response was .. Both are fake!   Can anyone explain why the pyramid is fake?  

IMG_20190525_132344.jpg

IMG_20190525_132351.jpg

Typical Cohiba fakes with bad construction, mediocre Holographic band (inconsistent font) and dead pale wrapper! These are definitely one of the most ugliest cigars I've ever seen in my life!

20 hours ago, nKostyan said:

1. Cigars terrible rolled

2. Profile of man displaced and have a low quality

77a1c92ba8a92b805badd442f5e80048.jpg

A good test of authenticity is the C in Cuba. If the top loop and the bottom loop of the C touch the band is wrong. There must be a gap.

Ugly.  The pyramid looks like it was put in an off center pencil sharpener.  

On a positive note, you now have two for your freeloading friends that don't smoke cigars.  What's a couple of floor sweepings, fingernails, and bunches of hair among "friends?"  

Fake bands often have it

5 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Fake bands often have it

Interesting, I don't come across fakes so don't have the opportunity to inspect them. I just know it's one additional safety feature to make the fakers job even harder.