WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #8

50/50 Poll #8  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Sydney to London. Long-haul flight. You're basically looking at 24hrs of travel. You're booked in business class, but upon entry to the plane you're informed it's all gone awry, your business seat is no longer available. Your hosty now presents you with two alternatives...

• In first class, you can sit next to Bill Murray. Bill's in fine fettle. He raises a glass of whisky, gives you a smile, and waves you in.
    • In the dregs of economy, you can sit next to Scarlett Johansson. There's a couple next to her, with a baby - it's crying its head off. Regardless, Scarlett seems to be feeling a little frisky. She smiles, gives you a coquettish wink, waves you in.

This poll is closed to new votes

Today, it's a little bit of Lost In Translation going up the 50/50 flag poll... the apparent value of the company of its stars: Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. You know the drill: read the question, vote on the poll, elaborate in the thread if you so desire. Voting participants go into the draw for an El Pres sampler! - Drawn next Wednesday (Aus local time).

5050-flagpole1.jpg

All about 50/50...

50/50 is a weekly poll where we find out whether or not some serious bones of contention questions can be finally be buried or will instead remain above ground as a fleshy 50/50 debate... you know, such weighty issues as these...

If given no other option:

are you a Cohiba or Monte person? 

do you prefer Hunnicutt or Trapper in M*A*S*H? 

Connery or Moore as Bond?

Apple or PC?

Smooth or Crunchy peanut butter? 

do you prefer wearing men's or women's underwear?

Sacrificing chickens or virgins?

...that sort of standard fare. 

Vote in the poll and further bolster your standpoint in the thread below if you wish. Poll Votes are public and there's a couple of sticks up for grabs for participants. :party:

Also, PM me Polls that you'd like me to conduct on 50/50 and there'll be a prize for those we decide to use. :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy.  "Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga." So we finish the eighteenth... and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know... for the effort, you kn

I'm not a small guy and I've done a 13 hour flight in economy. Nothing, not even Scarlett Johansson, could get me to pass up that first class seat. On second thought, put Salma Hayek in that economy s

Bill or Scarlett is totally irrelevant. I’m going first class 

I'm not a small guy and I've done a 13 hour flight in economy. Nothing, not even Scarlett Johansson, could get me to pass up that first class seat. On second thought, put Salma Hayek in that economy seat and I would have a serious dilemma on my hands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a happily married man who values the legacy he will leave for his sons, this is an absolute no brainer, Bill Murray. However,  even in a hypothetical with me single I would still go with Bill in first class. That seems to be the scenario that will create a better story that can be revisited and retold for the rest of your life. Even going all the way with Ms. Johansson is a story that can only be told in certain situations to certain people.

• Like 1

Bill every time.  I am a whisky lover and would love to knock back a bottle with him.  Plus, Scarlett would take one look at me and change flights! 

As someone who lives in Japan,  I feel a special connection to this one...

An easy answer for me.  Sorry Scarlett - for relaxing times, make it Suntory time.  

• Haha 3

Not much of a talker on planes, nor am I star-struck in any way - just need a comfortable place to relax with my headphones on. Sounds like Bill’s gonna be disappointed.

Guest Nekhyludov
34 minutes ago, SenorPerfecto said:

No contest.

Sorry Bill. You'll have to rely on your deathbed total consciousness for company -- I'm in steerage with the Black Widow!

That's well and good, but then what would you do with the remaining 23 hours and 56 minutes?

:lol:

I'll take the first class seat and invite Scarlett up for a drink!

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Burningman said:

I'm going with Bill. It has to be a SJ imposter in economy class!

That's the real question here.  Why is Scarlett back there with the riff raff?

• Like 1

Even if I was not married with a kid, I would probably choose Bill and first class. Hes a long time hero, and first class is awesome. Much better than the ephemeral experience of ScarJo in the tiny and smelly bathroom. And the dealing with crying babies and my long legs being squished in pain in economy.