You are heading overseas 3 weeks.....What cigars

Five I'm packing for sure next month are Trini RoboT, HLP BHK54, LESF, HUSW and Punch Churchills A/T

A few of each to share with friends. A few others as well since 5 won't last me through the first day or two....

• Like 2

I was actually thinking about this the other day as I’m planning a week and 1/2 trip later this summer. I’m hoping to finally have time for some double Coronas. 

Lusi’s

RA Gigantes

Punch Punch

Monte 2

PSD4

• Like 1

I tried to write a list.  Too difficult.  If I was forced, one from each of the following marcas then:

Bolivar

H. Upmann

Hoyo de Monterrey

Partagas

Montecristo

Recently did 10 days in Mexico. Brought 12 assorted, plus a box of 2016 Reyes.

I’m now sick of Reyes.

Don’t do what I did. Mix it up. A lot.

But short smokes are the order for vacation— never know how much time you’ll have, and you can always smoke 2 smaller ones.

BTW the FOH travel lighter saved my butt. $1 for a cricket lighter for fuel and you’re the hero when the wind kicks up ;)

• Like 2

I spent a fair few hours packing before my deployment - needed cigars to last three months until I could arrive in a cigar-friendly area like the middle east.
My recommendation is to bring a range of sizes for all occasions.  I tried to bring a few of each size, from Perla to Prominentes, and in the end I wish I had taken a few more shorties as I ran out of those first.  Luckily I found a '98 box of La Corona Panetelas in Dubai that should see me through on short cigars until the end of deployment!

My Five?
- '07 Cohiba CE
- '08 PLPC
- '10 BBF
- '12 RAG
- '08 Partagas Presidentes

I would choose a mix of small and large ones. I find when travelling, I sometimes am short on time for larger cigars.

- Huhc

- Reyes

- Monte Especiale no. 2

- Bbf

- Cohiba Lancero or something else that is a bit special

• Like 1

On the plane

Siglo 11

Mag 46

Montecristo tubos

Punch coronation A/T because the ones I have are stunning and smoke so good

Vigia tubos...beautiful to smoke...classy packaging...to hand a few around

I would pass on the larger formats 

Depends on where I am going/doing but as has been said I often find large formats are more difficult to smoke when away than when at home where I smoke a fair amount of Churchills/DCs. I also like to bring a fair amount of ATs. I also typically leave the really “speciall” sticks home. 

Cohiba Panatelas/Exquisitos

CoRo AT

Siglo V AT

HU Mag 46

HU Con A 

Partagas 898

HdM Epi 1s

Punch Sabrosos - personal situation, have a bunch of these and have kind of gone “eh” on them so a good casual smoke. 

Maybe one Lusi just in case!