Cuba for a couple hours only.

Panhead

If one has the option to visit Havana Cuba for the first time and only for a couple hours, what to do? Other than the   Obvious buying cigars and rum what else should one do and see? Is there a particular cigar brand, size or deals that are better in Havana? I understand there a lot of fakes so no sidewalk or backdoor sales. Where is the best place to purchases cigars and rum?

I'm assuming you'll be coming in on a cruise, as you'll only be there for a few hours? If so, you'll be near Conde de Villanueva. Pick up some custom cigars and browse the regular production. Walk around Old Havana and take in the sights. Stop off at Azucar and have a drink on the balcony. Then head off to El Rum Rum for the paella. Walk or take a horse drawn buggy over to Almecenes and pick up some touristy knick-knacks.

• Like 1

I can’t imagine why you would only have a couple of hours, but do this. Prearrange Jorge to pick you up and take you to Alex’s shop and Yolanda’s shop, which are very close together. Purchase some of their custom rolls and head to the Nacional for drinks and smoke on the veranda. 

I also like Fuzz’s suggested itinerary as an alternative. 

The only thing being there two hours will do is make you have a burning desire to return for a week long visit. 

Thanks for replying. Yea i know a couple hours is better than nothing. A friend has business therefore so lucky me gets a free ride along. I go my way until he is done and off we go back home. 

I know I probably came off a little sarcastic but hey...that's me!

Not sure where exactly you're going to be located at but if you seriously only have about 2 hours to kill I would try and make Hotel Nacional.

LCDH there and you can easily kill a couple hours just wandering thru and checking the hotel out.  You'll enjoy for sure.

After you're done walking thru grab a cigar and go out back, sit and relax, reminisce of all the names that have been there before you and enjoyed the same thing you are doing at the time. ;) 

The room with all the pictures of the people that have stayed there by the decades was very cool.  (short memory but I think it was in the bar area inside)

Enjoy your trip.

Two hours is tough. I'll go against the grain here and say that if it was me I would head to the Nacional. Once there, I would quickly buy some of boxes to take home then grab a nice single. Take the single out to the veranda and relax for the next hour or so with some mojitos. Two hours just doesn't give enough time to hit up numerous shops in my opinion, and I love the Nacional veranda. 

Edit to add: Plus, you can change money at the Nacional if the line at the airport is too long. 

Two hours is tough. I'll go against the grain here and say that if it was me I would head to the Nacional. Once there, I would quickly buy some of boxes to take home then grab a nice single. Take the single out to the veranda and relax for the next hour or so with some mojitos. Two hours just doesn't give enough time to hit up numerous shops in my opinion, and I love the Nacional veranda. 
Edit to add: Plus, you can change money at the Nacional if the line at the airport is too long. 

This is exactly what I would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk