Descriptions/Pictures of "sheen"

So I'm a complete newb when it comes to cubans, and this forum has been such a phenomenal resource in learning more about all things cuban cigar related. With other countries' manufacturing process, consistency is one of the biggest things you notice. Consistency of blend, construction, wrapper shade, etc. With cubans...heh. Anyway, more often than not I hear folks discuss sheen like it's long legs on a pretty girl, but with my limited sample size I'm trying to better understand what "sheen" on a cigar really looks like. 

I understand the notion of an oily wrapper, or the shade comments like claro, colorado rosado, etc., but for folks out there who have pictures that you think really do it justice, could some of you vets post pictures of great sheen on a cigar? My extra thanks if you even have side by sides to show the difference between two so I can better quantify it.

Thanks in advance! 

Uh, Sheen Cigar is more like.

11aaaaaaaaa.jpg.fe1a29440409e4a1c216c708a6db350e.jpg

Seriously though sheen has a velvety look to it. It reflects the light off the wrapper in a magical way where it seems the oils are on the outside and not completely set in the wrapper. It seems, to me, that lighter to medium shade wrapper have a better glow, but that might just because they already are reflecting light (EDIT: that's not right, is it? Are lighter colors reflective or light absorbent.... yes yes reflective... maybe I'm insane ?), sans oils. Some have a more matte-blotchy look to them. Both can be fantastic :buddies: But we "eat with our eyes".

I just looked through my office stock, and don't have a good representation here in my 50 ct work tuperdore. I can update when I get home, but really you don't have to look much further than the local 24:24 threads or the Box of the day has some fantastic representations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, Colt45 said:

The Partagas on the left have a light, even sheen of oil - they lightly glisten, luster. By comparison, the LGC on the right are somewhat dryish looking:

psdc2.jpglgcmdo2.jpg

Ahhhhh...the Connie #2. 

Sheen is one of the main reasons I buy religiously from FOH...you know with the PSP/HQ grading system that you’re getting stellar boxes! A few examples:

37ce2da65bfa43360ed18a8e210b88eb.jpg91fb9cdb985868974fbb39f5ee5461e5.jpg5ccd2535a7648a87ba66c5aad7735a16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk