Best 4 LCDH

I'm with you on the first three. 5ta y 16 Miramar would be my fourth.

• Like 2

Melia Habana is an easy walk from Comodoro.

Habana Libre is close to Nacional. 

Melia Cohiba is unique if not only for watching the sales lady kick the door to the humidor twenty times to get it unlocked. ?

Box stock from store to store is very similar. As a not famous cruise assistant taught me in regard to the wonderful Diamonds Intl on the big stage last year....See it. Like it. Buy it.

• Like 1

If I only had to pick 4...

Conde - for the customs and the courtyard

Palacio de la Artesania (Alexi is great) - for the hidden gems

Club Habana - for the selection (when it's good, it's really good) and the customs)

Habana Libre (for the selection of singles) and its proximity to the Nacional

• Like 1

No particular order...

1. Nacional - the shop isn't the best but its the Nacional! Grab a single and go smoke outside with a cocktail.

2. Habana Libre - It is there newest store (I think) and agree with @treberty the singles selection there is large with a decent box count too. It is near the Nacional anyway so pop in - but skip getting a drink or food... worst food I had in Havana was there.

3. Conde Villanueva - Is an absolute must - it is a wonderful shop and everyone knows about the customs here. It is a little out of the way but if you download maps on your phone before your trip and you will be able to find it.

I don't really have a fourth outside of those three - perhaps the Partagas store behind the El Capitolio. But those three above were my favourites. 

• Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 7:04 AM, treberty said:

Habana Libre (for the selection of singles) and its proximity to the Nacional

Are there still concerns about the singles? There was something about how they seem to have singles but not boxes. 

Comodoro for Alex's awesome customs.
Habana Libre for singles/LE's in singles.
Conde de Villenueva for the atmosphere.
Melia Habana atmosphere is great too.

Club Habana is a great place to see, but with the guards at the gate and the lack of friendliness, I wouldn't put this on "must visit". I was told I couldn't walk around and check out the grounds...."cigar shop and that's it" by the guards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zedman05 said:

Comodoro for Alex's awesome customs.
Habana Libre for singles/LE's in singles.
Conde de Villenueva for the atmosphere.
Melia Habana atmosphere is great too.

Club Habana is a great place to see, but with the guards at the gate and the lack of friendliness, I wouldn't put this on "must visit". I was told I couldn't walk around and check out the grounds...."cigar shop and that's it" by the guards.

When I was there we paid $10 or $20 for guest passes so you could walk around and see the beach.  Was it worth it?  Eh.  But the back area had a nice volleyball game and the gym was like a museum for workout equipment.  

Gotta say I do like Club Habana if for no other reason than it's uniqueness as a relic of a bygone era.  

• Like 2