Have you tried Mille Fleurs?

Recently got myself a couple of inexpensive 2016 boxes from Partagas and R&J, both named Mille Fleurs. They smoke very well and give out simple, but good flavours! I’ve never payed much attention to these cigars. Anybody know why they’re called Mille Fleurs? Is there a connection between the two cigars? This might be my new house cigar. Cheers

** Don't know if there's any connection between the two - other than their both having names that are French:  but I've had them both, somewhat prefer the Partagas Mille Fleurs, and like you, found them both exquisite in satisfactory flavor! :cigar: :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Mille fluers means "thousand flowers" and is a reference to a more floral profile. They are pretty highly regarded in the cheap and cheerful threads. I'd suggest heading over there and maybe even resurrect an old thread for the current release. A lot of guys know their stuff and will not do you any wrong.

These little guys can be very good, but tend to be subject to consistency issues. It seems like that is less of problem now n days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great cigars, both of them. Very indicative of their brands, great value for money too. These types are the staple of Cuba's sales in Europe. I, probably like many, picked them up initially as a cheapie option but turned out to be good enough for a quick smoke even when you want a great experience.

Even the old Ramon Allones Mille Fleur were great.

• Like 3

I've had Partagas MFs with a few years that were better than Serie D4s. :ok:

• Like 1

I have a few Partagas singles and a box of RyJ. Both are great - the RyJs are about four years old now and are really starting to develop the classic RyJ flavours and just a nice Cuban creaminess. There not complex cigars but for the money they are great value.

RyJ Mille Fleurs are one of my go to “no fuss” sticks.  

It’s a good smoke, nice cherry on the retrohale, a little bit of hay, ages just fine, but you can tell it’s not the same quality of tobacco in the RyJ PC.

For me, it’s one of those sticks I know I’ll enjoy, but I don’t have to worry about putting it down, tossing, or sharing w a friend who doesn’t really know cigars. 

Mid-day walk around smoke, night time quickie smoke. 

I always keep a box on hand. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nKostyan said:

Partagas MF have a good aging potential

Agreed. I find the Partagas MF smokes better with at 2-3 years of age on them; whilst the RyJ MF smoke well at any age.