Craigslist Partagas Maduro No. 1

Crazy find today. They are real and real young. Feb. 19.  The box was unopened and I ran the code and it came up as a box of Quintero but that didn’t mean a thing to me because a ton of boxes come up wrong or the code doesn’t work at all. I told this person this box needs opening and he let me open it and as soon as I lifted the lid the Cuban smells confirmed they were real. The wrappers were perfect color and looks of Party Maduro. It comes to find out this guy goes to Havana every other month and has a ton of relatives there and bought this box for a buddy and he didn’t want them so he put it on Craigslist. I was surprised because of all the fakes on Craigslist. He is going back later this month and he is bringing me back a bottle of Havana Club Maestro for $40. I would get more cigars but have no room left. I had to do some crazy Tetris to fit this box. I now seem to have a personal Cuban Mule for whatever I want. I get cigars at CUC cost and Rum. Thanks Craigslist. Is $40 a good price for Maestro in Cuba? I won’t touch the cigars for a long time because they were practically made Yesterday but the rum interests me more. What other rum from other Cuban brands are good that are under 100 CUC’s? I’m still in shock over this find and waiting for someone to wake me and I find out it was only dream. I’m don’t know what to expect for the Party Maduro because I never tried them because of the reviewed ones were usually not to great from reviews. Is the blending better than years ago when they got bashed? For what I got them for I can punt them to someone if they are not my style. I know they aren’t just Partagas with Maduro wrappers. I’m a huge Partagas fan and they aren’t going to replace my go to Partagas. Sorry for the rambling but I’m kind of excited to have found this hookup. 

8A4DD890-B25E-4904-A6B1-B26D451B5FB1.jpeg

• Like 2

I did a full walk around on these and they are real and the bar codes don't mean a thing the way Cuba butchers packaging. I've  seen so many errors in packaging from Habanos through the years that nothing surprises me. I've had many boxes that the code numbers won't run and doubled seals, upside down printing, missing colors  and everything else you can imagine. It's kind of funny how half ass the QC is at Habanos. I care about cigars and not Habanos hack packaging. These are way too young for me to be smoking now and I'm not going to waste my time or a cigar. I usually don't smoke anything under 3 years. I have a bunch of boxes from the 2016 to 2018 that I won't touch for quite a while. I  may get bold and try one of these maduros next year. I haven't heard a thing on how this blend is aging and there are 4 year old boxes. I didn't smell any ammonia or funky urine like smell on these but I will play it safe and let them sleep. I would like some feedback on how 4-ish year ones are smoking now.  Production has gotten better in recent years on these  is what it seems like, kind of like how Monte Petit No.2's got much better than when first made. I'm hoping for the best. I don't know why Habanos even used the Partagas name and didn't just create a new brand .

If he brought them from the island, did he freeze them to kill beetles and their eggs? Sticks bought on the island from what I have read are not frozen (exports are). 

4 hours ago, Psiman said:

The box was unopened and I ran the code and it came up as a box of Quintero but that didn’t mean a thing to me because a ton of boxes come up wrong or the code doesn’t work at all.

I can't say this has ever been the case for me, when the box code didn't match the cigars. 

The only times I've run across incorrect bar codes, was with clear fakes. 

• Like 3

" It comes to find out this guy goes to Havana every other month and has a ton of relatives there and bought this box for a buddy and he didn’t want them so he put it on Craigslist."

Ah.....the ol' my cousin's buddy has a wife that knows a girl who rolls cigars in Cuba in the Partagas Factory story.  :)   

Just messin' with you.  I know you are asking about rum pricing, but for cigars - I would stick with reliable sources.  These may in fact be real, but I wouldn't trust this guy as a source for cigars.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 CUC for HC Maestro is exact.

Buy Santiago 11 for 40 CUC instead.

or if you want something a little different get Pacto Navio for 40 CUC.

I’d steer clear of the cigars. There’s always some great items here close to island price on 24:24.

*From the photo they look GREAT! In the event they turn out to be the Real Deal - then I can have a better opinion of Craig's List's not just being a "Meetyourserialkiller.com" site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If these cigars are fakes then they are Cuban tobacco fakes. If anything they would have been stolen cigars from factory which I doubt. I looked at all the feet and wrappers and that look and smell is pure Cuban. If someone is making fakes this good in Cuba they are genius for having everything perfect except the box code. Ike I said earlier wrong codes and packaging of cigars happen. If there was any evidence of anything other than Habanos in the box I would detect it quickly. You can’t fake Cuban tobacco but you can cigars. I am aware of real Cuban tobacco fakes made in Cuba but these seem to be real Habanos and most definitely Cuban tobacco. 

52 minutes ago, Psiman said:

If these cigars are fakes then they are Cuban tobacco fakes. If anything they would have been stolen cigars from factory which I doubt. I looked at all the feet and wrappers and that look and smell is pure Cuban. If someone is making fakes this good in Cuba they are genius for having everything perfect except the box code. Ike I said earlier wrong codes and packaging of cigars happen. If there was any evidence of anything other than Habanos in the box I would detect it quickly. You can’t fake Cuban tobacco but you can cigars. I am aware of real Cuban tobacco fakes made in Cuba but these seem to be real Habanos and most definitely Cuban tobacco. 

I don't know if your cigars are fake or not. 

What I do know is 

• That there are packaging errors on a regular basis. 
  • That Cuba is awash in good Cuban tobacco fakes. Some are brilliant which isn't a surprise given the number of good and experienced rollers let go by the factories in 2008/9/10 (due to GFC and collapsing sales in Europe).  The smarter farmers are keeping a lot more that 10% of the crop. 
  • Verification system works the vast majority of the time.  Still it is not perfect. 
  • your acquisition journey was always going to raise some eyebrows :D
  • Like 3
I don't know if your cigars are fake or not. 
What I do know is 
  • That there are packaging errors on a regular basis. 
  • That Cuba is awash in good Cuban tobacco fakes. Some are brilliant which isn't a surprise given the number of good and experienced rollers let go by the factories in 2008/9/10 (due to GFC and collapsing sales in Europe).  The smarter farmers are keeping a lot more that 10% of the crop. 
  • Verification system works the vast majority of the time.  Still it is not perfect. 
  • your acquisition journey was always going to raise some eyebrows 

Packaging errors yes, but do boxes show as something different in the verification site? I’ve checked hundreds - not once in my experience. Couple of times came back as invalid code when it was something extremely new.
5 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Packaging errors yes, but do boxes show as something different in the verification site? I’ve checked hundreds - not once in my experience. Couple of times came back as invalid code when it was something extremely new.

Have been made aware of it once. Maybe twice (from memory). It related to Upmann Jars. 

By HSA standards that is quite remarkable. Given the volume we ship, we would be made aware of it more often if it were a problem. 

• Like 3

At the end of the day all that matters is if you enjoy smoking them. Seriously. Happy smoking bro. I would love to get my hands on some good Cuban rum too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maestro sells for 40 CUC in Havana and I would ask him for proof of purchase  aka factura from Havana shop where he bought that box. It's not a box that would be a regular fake but hard to tell. If he gets you the bottle of Maestro for $40 hes actually losing money as currency exchange would put the bottle at $45. Good luck

• Like 2

If it sounds too good to be true, well you know the rest of the story.....especially on CL    Buyer beware!

Once received a box of fake RYJ Capuletos from a client as a gift...on a scale of 1 to 10 they were about an 8 as far as fakes go...bands looked decent, cigars a little rough, but the kicker was the bar code ran as RYJ petit coronas...so yes you can certainly have fakes that run as something else...