Current Fitness Routines?

I'm tired of fitness, seriously. We've all had periods when we don't want to train anymore. I want to give up, but I try to stay afloat. I've been training for eighteen months, and I still haven't gotten the results I've always wanted. I thought about anabolic steroids to help me get faster results. Of course, many of you would probably think I am a wuss or an idiot, but I'm really tired. My trainer advised me to buy pills from this store: https://purerawz.co/ . But first I have to take some tests and consult with my doctor. Maybe I'll change my mind, though.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working hard on the treadmill, bwana!

I work out 60 to 90 minutes, three days on, one day off, weightlifting.  I don't smoke a stogie before I work out.  I'm 59.

I just thought of an elderly gent once in the Gym. He was definitely a standout. He appeared to be in his late 70's early 80's. He would walk in, clean shoes, kakhi pant, polo shirt and a baseball hat

This is a workout program I've been doing that's PERFECT for Covid lockdowns and all the BS here. First, it's frequency based, not volume based. I used to do insane volume (which turns out was dumb for someone not on steroids) and that requires a big gym with a lot of equipment. This workout you can do with minimal equipment. It's a really tough split, but it's the most effective one I have ever done IMO. This falls straight in line with modern research that has shown that muscle growth for non-enhanced lifters is dictated by frequency, not volume. 

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

This is a workout program I've been doing that's PERFECT for Covid lockdowns and all the BS here. First, it's frequency based, not volume based. I used to do insane volume (which turns out was dumb for someone not on steroids) and that requires a big gym with a lot of equipment. This workout you can do with minimal equipment. It's a really tough split, but it's the most effective one I have ever done IMO. This falls straight in line with modern research that has shown that muscle growth for non-enhanced lifters is dictated by frequency, not volume. 

https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-workout-plan-for-natural-lifters

Like it, but would prob want some hgh. The bigger the head, the bigger the star.

6 hours ago, Yellot00tr said:

Like it, but would prob want some hgh. The bigger the head, the bigger the star.

Haha that workout wouldn’t be as effective being enhanced. Then a volume based workout program would be best. I’ve never taken anything but this would be the year to do it since I’m down 15lbs of muscle. 

10 hours ago, mprach024 said:

I played golf today and it was cart path only.  I’m pretty worn out, tomorrow will have to be a rest day. 

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Feel better

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Squarehead said:

Viel Glueck,Nino?

Danke mein Guter @Squarehead !! - think I can do it as Christmas markets are closed and my wife is not baking that many cookies this year ? plus FdH - "Friss die Hälfte" Diät ?

2 hours ago, nino said:

Danke mein Guter @Squarehead !! - think I can do it as Christmas markets are closed and my wife is not baking that many cookies this year ? plus FdH - "Friss die Hälfte" Diät ?

Auch Eisener Wille braucht man.Meine Frau baeckt in letzter zeit wie ein Weltmeister und obwohl alles sehr gut schmeckt muss ich mich am Riemen ziehen da ich Diabetiker bin.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Everyday 7 minute workout as suggested on https://careyourbodynow.com/7-belly-fat-burning-workouts-you-can-do-at-home/

Three days a week (T-Th-Su), hour and a half.

Fifty minutes lifting weights - bench press (150), squat (430), bicep curls (70), military press (100), lat pulldown (130)
Thirty minutes running - anywhere from a mile and a half to three miles
Twenty minutes - situps (20 @ 5 seconds, R, L, C hold for 40 seconds each), pushups (20)

On 12/11/2020 at 4:56 PM, Nino said:

I spent the first 9 years of my retirement going to the gym every day, 25 minutes cardio and some weight or rowing - helped me lose 12 kilos and feel good.

2 years ago I quit the gym - this year Corona struck and I went to gain 8 kilos again, which pissed me off.
So my daily routine now is a fast 7 km walk through the local fields each day and reduced calories - what we call "Eat Half" here.

Happy to have lost 4,5 kilos in 4 weeks and looking forward to shedding another 4 by next January.

Happy to report that I have gone from 98,2 kgs in November 2020 to 87,9 first of May 2021 - so a little over 10 kgs or 20 lbs lost in 5 months - no diet, just less eating and 85 minutes fast walking every day.

And with asparagus season and summer coming up I see myself at 88 kg pretty soon.

🙂

• Like 3

I bought a Total Gym a few months ago and really enjoy it. I work out 3 days straight and take a day off and repeat. Very low impact on joints etc. I am in need of another back surgery in addition to right knee surgery so it fits the bill just fine. 

I referee competitive club and High School soccer/futbol.  They pay me, and I can continue not having to ever see a treadmill or the inside of a fitness center.  For 12 weeks or so in the spring and fall respectively I will ref between 3-8 games a week.  On some tournament weekends I will do as many as 9 games over the weekend.  It isn't year around, but again they pay me to do it :)

The first spring season dropped my cholesterol over 200 points and my blood pressure is in line and resting heart rate is decent.

39 years old and to keep in shape I...

- do 100 push ups and sit-ups in sets of 25 each Monday-Friday morning 

- walk for 25-30 minutes when weather permits during the work week

- 1 hour of cardio on my exercise bike at least 5 days a week

and even with all that I STILL have to watch my calorie intake...what a joy growing older is.

I used to power lift and then toned it down about 6 years ago and started streamlining my diet to match. Though I still like to ramp up a few weeks and see what I can push for max weight. Also shocks the system if your seem to plateau. I try to use free weights as much as possible as it takes more to guide and control for a less chance for muscle memory to kick in. I love my Rogue Fitness 6 post Monster Rack, Rogue Assault Bike, Concept Rower, SkiErg, set of weighted balls, Powerblock Eurothane Dumbells and kettlebell as well as Gronk Fitness battle rope for my home gym. I got tired of gym fees and the doorknobs interrupt my set, hog equipment or look weird when I'm screaming pulling an 800lb deadlift off the ground so I started investing in my own home gym. The wife or I can lift free weights to include bench press at anytime with the safety of the rack built in that we don't need a spotter. 

What I found when I hit about 45 though was a lack of motivation and decrease in my max starting to come down, lack of energy. Started TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) and it quickly shot back up, I'm more alert, more energy and increased strength. TRT is not a steroid monsters wet dream, get your testosterone levels check and plan with your doctor. I did it in part to maintain strength but also I lost my fathers brother and three sisters to Alzheimer's and lost my father to it in October. Researchers don't really know what causes it but one thing is for certain, you don't see guys in their 20's coming down with it. I'll try it if it nails two birds with one stone. 

Note on Deadlifts: Anymore I only do light reps with deadlift at 220-250 just because it was one of my favorite feats but I will probably stop all together when I hit 50yrs old. I would not recommend anyone do deadlifts though as it is the highest risk vs reward exercise and the rewards can accomplished with other exercises but a back injury from deadlift can be permanent. Really the only purpose of deadlifting would be to become a better dead lifter for competition. This only my opinion of course but also a shared opinion of several Worlds Strongest Man competitors. 

This is my strength training weeks. I change from barbell to dumbbells' every other week and put in different exercise to pair every other month to keep shocking the muscles so the don't develop that memory and start declining. Each exercise is paired with the one below it for a superset.  Supersets are done for 4 sets for the number of reps immediately back and forth back to back with no rest, with 2 min rest before moving on to the next paired superset. I'm wanting to start at a higher weight than normal and the last set I want to be in complete muscle failure for the last set of reps. Fan Bike (assault bike) is Max speed for one minute, one minute rest alternating for 10 minutes. I try to maintain low impact to the knees. I don't mess around when I work out, it's business and I usually knock out the average day within 30-45 min and move on with my day. When I am not strength training I simply decrease the weight and increase the number of reps.

Gloves, grip straps and belts. I don't like using them because of my power lifting background. Grip is important in power lifting and you cant really develop a very strong grip by using straps. Belts are supposed to help stabilize the back when doing heavy lifts. Again, the muscles in your midsection should be doing the work to stiffen and protect the midsection and protect the back. Belts only offer partial protection to the mid section, if one feels they need a belt one should not be lifting that amount of weight until developing their mid section and/or wear a squat suit. When you see photos of Eddie "The Beast" Hall or Hapthor Bjornson after you see him trimmed down from when they lifted over 500kg records you can see part of why they are able to make those big lifts when you look at the muscle on their midsection.  

Before workout I'll eat a little bit of carbs to supply my muscles energy before a workout. After workout it's important to get food or some sort of post workout in you as your muscles are torn down and ready to absorb nutrients. You'll also note this is only a 4 day workout week. Pick whatever days you want off but I usually want a couple days off to recover from leg day. I'll still go for a walk, bike ride, hike etc or some form of minor physical activity but you have to be careful to not overdo it. The whole point of an off day is to let your body recover and prepare for the next round of abuse your about to send it. You don't need to spend a bunch of money on equipment or special protein bars etc. A mix of Oatmeal (Or Rice) with a spoonful of peanut butter, honey and cinnamon is all good stuff for a pre workout. I usually like to have a scoop of Orgain Protein mix in a glass of cold almond/coconut milk or plain water for post or just later in the day to help with some of the nutrients. I found the older me reacts much better to it and my digestive system processes it well.

Other than that...get plenty of sleep and have a cigar.  Rest is just as important as the physical activity of the workout. 

Weeks 1-3
Day 1                    

FLY         3x5        
  Modular Chest Press       3x10        

Bent-over Row (underhand grip)     3x5        
  Lat Pulldown (overhand grip)     3x8        

Incline Bench (Shoulder Press)     3x5        
  Dips (Use 2 Small Benches)     3x8        

Back Extension (Swiss Ball)     3x10        
  Deadlift or pullthroughs or dumbell lift   3x5        
  Bike          2 Mile        
  Row         10 Min        

Day 2                    

Military Press       3x8        
  Dumbell Shrugs       3x8        

Barbell Curl       4x6        
  Skullcrushers       4x6        
  3-way Dumbell Fly (front, side, bentover)   3x4 each        

Dumbell Iso Curls (Bench upwright holding one center) 3x8        
  Dumbell Tricep Extension (one bell overhead center) 3x8        
  Bike         2 Mile        
  Row         10 Min        

Day 3                    

Squat          3x10        
  Seated Leg Curl       3x10        
  Seated Leg Extension                

Modular Chest Press       3x5        
  Dual Axis Row Rear Delt Cable      3x8        

Lunges (GO LIGHT)     3x5 each        
  Dumbell Step Ups       3x8 each        

Cable Chest Fly       3x5        
  Dumbell Row       3x8        

Bike         4 Mile        

Day 4                    

Shoulder Press (elbows Out)     3x5        
  Chin Ups (underhand grip)     3x5        

Barbell Shrug       3x8        
  Tricep Pull Down (front of hips)     3x8        

Preacher Curl       3x8        
  Dips (Use two Small Benches)     3x8        

Bike         2 Mile        
  Treadmill         10 Min        

Indicates a super-set. Do these exercises back-to-back.      

Weeks 4-6    
Day 1                    

Dumbell Incline       4x8        
  Crossover Push Ups       4x30 seconds        

Body Weight Row       4x8        
  Chin Ups (underhand grip)     4x10        

Decline Bench       4x8        
  Weighted Dips       4x10        

Seated Row       4x8        
  Deadlift         4x5        

Day 2 This could be done at home              

Alternating Dumbell Press (Home)   4x8        
  Jump Shrug ( Home)       4x8        

Barbell Curl       4x8        
  Bench Dips       4x8        
  3-Way Dumbell Fly        4x4 each        

Dumbell Iso Curls       4x8        
  Barbell Tricep Extension     4x8        

Day 3 This could be done at home              

Split Squat (Home Unweighted)     4x8 each        
  Squat Jumps (home) Squat, Jump, Pull knees up) 4x10        

Alternating Dumbell Bench     4x8 each        
  Lat Pull Down       4x8        

Side Lunge       4x8 each        
  Dumbell Power Step Ups     4x8 each        

Dumbell Chest Fly       4x8        
  Dumbell Row       4x8        

Day 4                    

Military Press       4x8        
  Dumbell Iso Preacher Curl     4x8        

Dumbell Shrug       4x8        
  Skullcrusher       4x8        

Barbell Curl       4x8        
  Weighted Dips       4x8        

Indicates a super-set. Do these exercises back-to-back.        
  • Like 3