Your Best Cigar of May 2019?

Cracked open the box of 2014 Rafael gonalez pantellas extra I got in  recent 2424. Had low expectations for whatever reason. That cigar took me off guard, blew me away. Hopefully the rest of the box smokes like that first. 

• Like 2

ATE ENE 18     JL1      Masterpiece of blending

savoury-sweet cream, oaky old wood, choc-orange, burnt marmalade, bbq sauce......it goes on ......and on

One of those cigars where you chuckle to yourself, in a slightly deranged manner.

• Like 3

Best of May and maybe the year so far was a BME AGO 11 1966 with some Santiago de Cuba 20.

4242fe738821dbee404fe309748ef90d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Surprisingly, a MSU Dic 18 QdO coronas claro was a 93 pointer. Orange, cream, honey, hay, and sweet cake/dough. Construction that would make a Fuente blush. If the next few approach how good that one was I’ll stockpile boxes. 

978612CD-60FB-44EB-86A8-718518B6F6D3.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 99call said:

ATE ENE 18     JL1      Masterpiece of blending 

savoury-sweet cream, oaky old wood, choc-orange, burnt marmalade, bbq sauce......it goes on ......and on

One of those cigars where you chuckle to yourself, in a slightly deranged manner.

Grabbed a box on the 24:24 last night. Agreed. These are a perfect summer time smoke. Refreshing. Pairs perfectly with a margarhita while slow cooking something on the bbq.

I had a rough May between the bad weather and the high pollen count. The best I had was Cazzie (bought as a single so no box code), which was strong enough for me to taste through my coated sinuses.

• Like 1

RA Superiores MUR MAY 13. This had everything great about RA. Fruitcake/stewed fruit was definitely present, but it had a more subtle sweet black tea thing going on the whole time too. Rich and delicious. Heavenly aroma. The best size to boot. Easy 94 rating.

• Like 1

H Upmann Magnum 46.  I have posted previously that I'm not a fan of the Perfecdraw as I believed it made the cigar tunnel.  Well I take that back as it saved the day for me this time, must get a box of these!

• Like 1

Partagas Lusitania BUP JUN 17 - almost unbelievable - I can still taste it when I think about the experience. Current front runner for my Best Cigar 2019. 

Punch DC, TUP NOV 13, absolutely brilliant cigar. I would give it a 95, a cigar that could be aged for years and years. If I can manage to stay out of the cab, I  can see this cigar evolving to the high 90's, dare I say 100. Probably the best cigar I've smoked in several years. Curl your toes good....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

I think its a tie between a monte sublime and a sir david...both were really really good and flavor wise I might give the monte a slight edge...but the wrapper went haywire halfway through and had to ding it...

david.jpg

monte.jpg

Mike, I have one Sir David (from FOH), plan to smoke it when my daughter brings my first grandchild into the world, in Nov.. I  am partial to Punch and the Sir David is a beautiful cigar, glad to hear they tastes as good as they look.

T

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Mike, I have one Sir David (from FOH), plan to smoke it when my daughter brings my first grandchild into the world, in Nov.. I  am partial to Punch and the Sir David is a beautiful cigar, glad to hear they tastes as good as they look.

T

Tommy I think you will love it my friend...they are fantastic! But in all honesty a nicely aged Punch DC can hold its own any day!! 

• Like 1

2016 HU Mag 50 from 10 ct. Probably the highest rated box overall I’ve ever had. Every single one was a solid mid 90s for me. Would never have guessed that going in based on the age, no name code, and just my overall thoughts on the line, but it “outsmoked” various vintages of even my beloved Sir Winston. Who knew 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TBird55 said:

Punch DC, TUP NOV 13, absolutely brilliant cigar. I would give it a 95, a cigar that could be aged for years and years. If I can manage to stay out of the cab, I  can see this cigar evolving to the high 90's, dare I say 100. Probably the best cigar I've smoked in several years. Curl your toes good....

I did a review here about a month ago for a 2014 version.  It was the same bit of heaven you described.  I can still taste it!  Don't regret my ridiculously high score for it.  Haven't had a cigar as good since.   Glad I have many cabs of them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mbflash80 said:

I think its a tie between a monte sublime and a sir david...both were really really good and flavor wise I might give the monte a slight edge...but the wrapper went haywire halfway through and had to ding it...

david.jpg

Interesting, are you inside one of those pop up sports viewing/weather tent pods?

I've been thinking about getting one - how's your experience with it?