State of Origin 2019?

seriously? no comments from down south? 

almost every year, we cop months of how this is the year, the blue dynasty. might not even be worth playing. so superior. whoops.

what a fantastic game.

and i spent the weekend with a souths fan telling me that he would not even have gagai in his starting club team. he was just waiting for the day when latrell crossed over to them. well the way he played last night, latrell would be lucky to even find the ground. 

predicting some serious changes for nsw for the next game. walker would surely have to go. the invisible man. cotric? cleary would not be in my team but freddie might give him another go. 

i do think tedesco is the best player in the comp and would have been my man of the match even in a losing side. but how good is ponga! 

go the maroons. hope some of our western brethren got their tickets and will be going along, wearing maroon! 

As always, the Blues failed to keep the momentum in the second half. Defense was great in the first half, then slacked off. Maroons walked over them with some fantastic tries. That run by Gagai was bloody good. Agree about Tedesco. And no Slater to steal his Player of the Series award this year.

The Sydney boys got together at my place to watch the game over dinner and smokes.

IMG-20190605-WA0011.jpeg.b26910fd5427f7e0dbec6e3c8e5b7dc9.jpeg

I have to laugh at John's pose. :lol3:

20190605_212257.jpg.f1ed26a0629413bd022d723aef5fb8b7.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

As always, the Blues failed to keep the momentum in the second half. Defense was great in the first half, then slacked off. Maroons walked over them with some fantastic tries. That run by Gagai was bloody good. Agree about Tedesco. And no Slater to steal his Player of the Series award this year.

The Sydney boys got together at my place to watch the game over dinner and smokes.

IMG-20190605-WA0011.jpeg.b26910fd5427f7e0dbec6e3c8e5b7dc9.jpeg

I have to laugh at John's pose. :lol3:

20190605_212257.jpg.f1ed26a0629413bd022d723aef5fb8b7.jpg

i'm assuming john's pose is just after gagai ran 95 metres? be interesting to see if they would give the award to a player in the losing side of a 3-0 series. and it is the bloody Wally Lewis trophy. it should be written in the rules that it never ever goes to anyone from south of the border (unless they do an inglis). 

21 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

What award goes to somebody for ripping off another player's shoe and chucking it into the crowd?

comedy? 

meanwhile you have that grub mitchell abusing the crowd at the end of the game. i think that they suspended tallis for that after someone held up a poster insulting his mother. chances of mitchell copping a suspension? not while he wears blue! 

seriously, how far offside was teddy for that munster fumble in-goal? the video blue, sorry video ref, says no. nsw score next set, a set they should never have had.

napa scores. sorry, says the video blue.

penalty try to gillett for the most blatant offence in history? no, says video blue. despite cordner getting one when he would have been lucky to have been close enough to see someone score last series. 

hunt knock-on? nsw dropped it into him and went backwards but no, says the blue ref. so many more. 

it is tough when you have to play 13, the refs, the video refs, the admin (always changing the rules to disadvantage qld), the media. but we do out best in our own humble way. 

I was enjoying a really, really nice ASO Nov 2016 Romeo y Julieta Churchill, actually! (Thus explaining my pose)

Queensland were the better team judging by scoring opportunities throughout the match. However, NSW played well too, I thought. I honestly think anything could happen in Game 2 because NSW were very good through players like Tedesco, Cook, Morris and Klemmer in the first half and Queensland dominated in the second through Gagai, Ponga, McGuire and Oates.

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I was enjoying a really, really nice ASO Nov 2016 Romeo y Julieta Churchill, actually! (Thus explaining my pose)

Queensland were the better team judging by scoring opportunities throughout the match. However, NSW played well too, I thought. I honestly think anything could happen in Game 2 because NSW were very good through players like Tedesco, Cook, Morris and Klemmer in the first half and Queensland dominated in the second through Gagai, Ponga, McGuire and Oates.

john, quite seriously, a cracking origin with both sides having their chances. nsw badly let down by their halves. chances of keary next game? i'd definitely add munster and DCE to the top qlders. 

mitchell was awesome about a month ago and has been crap since. not sure what is going on. last year, freddie outcoached kevie. this year, kevie wiped the floor with him in game one. freddie stuffed the bench and interchanges. without teddy and cook, nsw would have been in real trouble. and klemmer for the first 50 but by then, with no rest, he could not come back. how useful would he have been in the last 20? and finishing with your captain off the field in a nailbiter? as someone said, it seemed nsw had no clue who was the captain when cordner was not there. still a fine player but he is not what he was. 

i'd strongly recommend any footy/sports fan to get a seat in the crowd at an origin game at suncorp. one of the great experiences, win or lose. deafening. nothing like it. been to grounds around the world and nothing like that. 

i was fairly certain we were in trouble so thought i'd have some compensation. a truly great Lusi about 8 years of age and a Glenfarclas 40 Year Old. whacko. and then we won. it does not get any better. well, winning the series would help. next game will be brilliant as i don't think we are good enough to win in sydney. 

1 minute ago, Ken Gargett said:

i was fairly certain we were in trouble so thought i'd have some compensation.

A lot of people thought NSW would win game 1... kinda like predicting election results. :lol3:

Just now, Fuzz said:

A lot of people thought NSW would win game 1... kinda like predicting election results. :lol3:

too true, fuzz.

in both, qld stuffed up the predictions. i reckon members of the nsw alp would be sick of the sound of the name. perhaps we'll soon have our own wall. lord knows, most qlders would approve.