What is your oldest box with CC?

2 hours ago, Donpepin said:

My oldest is a Romeo Y Julieta No. 2 from 1970. I know this is a cheap kind of entry elevel RYJ, but wau What a strong little tasteful cigar this is. And mentioning strong, it is way stronger than any CC I have smoked. I remember Min Ron Nee mention in his Books that CC used to be a lot stronger than they are now.

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

My oldest is a box of RyJ Coronitas en Cedro RAU SEP 16.   They are very strong.   Way stronger than any other CC I have also.   They are very one dimensional.

• Like 1

uhhh
what is it that makes you think they are from 1970 ???
derrek
That I got it 15 years ago from the widow of a wealthy Oslo citizen that had been a regular customer of Sol Cigar in Oslo. Sol cigar has been a certified Habanos Dealer for ages and started as a tobaccco Dealer in 1911. The box orign from this store.

Old enough to not be date stamped.
Here in Norway most if not all stores stamped the boxes when they arrived. I know this was common in several countries. I saw a few boxes a friend of my bought at a Cgars auction. Those boxes were stamped in the mid 60s by H&F

Oldest full box I have is 2015 partagas D 4’s. Other than a box of the piramides selection that came with 6, not really trying to age any of the other full boxes I have. I generally smoke them as I buy them. Lately had a lot less time to smoke which is also great for health, wallet and letting them all rest!

• Like 1

In terms of full boxes my oldest would be a box of Partagas Coronas Tubular from around 1960/62. But I did split that off. So my own, selfish, vintage full box would be 1988 Dip 7's. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In terms of full boxes my oldest would be a box of Partagas Coronas Tubular from around 1960/62. But I did split that off. So my own, selfish, vintage full box would be 1988 Dip 7's. 
Thats pretty awesome. Have You tried some of the them? I tried one from the 50s in London several years, ago. Like a good old Bordeaux.

34 minutes ago, Donpepin said:

Superb cigar emoji106.png

I smoked one, the box had one cigar with a beetle hole in it and some mold on a few sticks that was wiped off easily. Upon removing them I found 1 dead beetle in the box, possibly it died during the freezing process. These were bought in Havana though. I froze all of my cigars from that trip just to be safe. 

I smoked the beetle damaged one and even for its youth and slight damage, really close to the foot, it was very good!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bundwallah said:

How do you decide when, if ever, to try a cigar out of a box that you have been aging or has been aged for so long?  

• Like 1

I have a 50 cab  2002 Partagas Coronas with no bands I bought as aged stock from Rob a few years ago. In have smoked about half and really enjoy them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donpepin said:

Thats pretty awesome. Have You tried some of the them? I tried one from the 50s in London several years, ago. Like a good old Bordeaux.

I've tried them several times. ?. They are exquisite smokes. The Partagas are bold and mineraly. The Dip 7 floral and baking spice.   Both very smooth. 

• Like 1