Favorite Cigar Accessories?

Father’s Day is coming up here in the US. Trying to come up with some gift ideas. What are your favorite cigar accessories?

Colibri v-cutter my favorite toy

Really "accessory" - it is pleasant to hold in hands

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, xtcat9k said:

Peter James cigar case

I'm enjoying mine. The quality is great. My runner up accessory is the Colibri V-Cut.  Now I just need to find a small, reliable lighter for the other pouch. 

39 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

I'm enjoying mine. The quality is great. My runner up accessory is the Colibri V-Cut.  Now I just need to find a small, reliable lighter for the other pouch. 

ST Dupont torch (Maxi or Defi) is what I use. Excellent lighter. 

I took a long hiatus from smoking cigars and am glad to be back in it. V-Cuts just didn't seem as prevalent 10 years ago.

However, I noticed that many people were using Colibri V-Cut. So I bought one myself to try out. It was instantly my new favorite way to cut!

Smokngear travelling cigar case with perfecdraw. Giant stinky ashtray. The travelling case has been a godsend. Removable separate storage pouch to put lighter and cutter so it can't mingle with the cigar. Multiple zipper compartments and a magnetized back to put on your motorcycle, or in my case, the fridge. Not bad for $30 bucks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Cigar Scissors are cool to have.  Table lighter if they smoke at home.  Dunhill ashtray; can't go wrong.

I have a little pair of Solingen cigar scissors in a leather pouch I bought many years ago and they are cool to have. I never think to use them but they are very easy to use and they work great. 

1 minute ago, Cayman17 said:

I have a little pair of Solingen cigar scissors in a leather pouch I bought many years ago and they are cool to have. I never think to use them but they are very easy to use and they work great. 

The folding style?  I use the non-folding style as my primary cutters.  I keep it in the draw with our silverware since I normally cut cigars over the kitchen sink.

Just now, BrightonCorgi said:

The folding style?  I use the non-folding style as my primary cutters.  I keep it in the draw with our silverware since I normally cut cigars over the kitchen sink.

No, mine are non-folding also. They are pocket sized and slide into a little black leather carrying pouch. Just a few inches long and very thin. Of all the things I lost and tossed over the years, I always held onto them because they work so well and I thought they were really cool and well-designed. They are very precise. I never think to pull them out at home, but I should. 

This is the Xikar lighter and cutter I use in mine. So far the lighter has been reliable but of course the tank is small.

b8647fbddd17c2892402c04e59ef5dd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

If you want to get ahead, get a hat...
Got this Edwardian smoking cap off eBay. And wear it often.eed734d98d5e6758d3ad742ad2a3ad61.jpg

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

It is pricey, but a high quality leather piece. 

Exactly; not made in China. From the web site:

The Peter James Leather Cigar Case holds everything you need. Hand made in North America using imported Italian leather and contained by a durable dual American made metal zipper, this product is not only convenient, but acts as a statement piece.

3 minutes ago, LLC said:

Exactly; not made in China. From the web site:

The Peter James Leather Cigar Case holds everything you need. Hand made in North America using imported Italian leather and contained by a durable dual American made metal zipper, this product is not only convenient, but acts as a statement piece.

How do you use them? For travel, I see the durability of a Xikar hard case. With a leather case, I'd be afraid of movement and breakage. In other words, I see appearance over function with the Leather Case but function over appearance with $20 Xikar hard case.

*As long as we're talking "pricey" - how about a Daniel Marshall humidor!  :thumbsup:

How do you use them? For travel, I see the durability of a Xikar hard case. With a leather case, I'd be afraid of movement and breakage. In other words, I see appearance over function with the Leather Case but function over appearance with $20 Xikar hard case.

Typically I’ll use it if I’m going out to meet friends for a cigar or two and then take it with me in a longer trip and have my Xikar hard case with a bunch of cigars but put some in the PJ case when I’m going out instead of carrying the big case with all the cigars.