Favorite Cigar Accessories?

10 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Leather Tobacco Pouch, Colbri V-Cutter and Perfect Draw.

20190514_085715.jpg.5f98ecdac5d8c6e0e5251f926c18a083.jpg

I've been looking for a leather pouch like this for a friend, where did you get this from?

13 hours ago, Grizzld said:

I love my Colibri V-Cutter.  I've also been eyeing one of these Victorinox Cigar Punches for a while:

Victorinox.jpg

Wife got me one of these, I love it.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 7:47 PM, cigarzfan said:

How do you use them? For travel, I see the durability of a Xikar hard case. With a leather case, I'd be afraid of movement and breakage. In other words, I see appearance over function with the Leather Case but function over appearance with $20 Xikar hard case.

I use cigar tubes inside the Peter James case. 6 will fit.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:12 PM, KavalanWhisky said:

I've been looking for a leather pouch like this for a friend, where did you get this from?

This was a $15 pouch on Amazon by "hide and drink". It is thin leather, doesnt have all the bells and whistles of a nice pouch, and I need to keep cigars in tubos or they might break. But it is well put together, fits all my tools,cutters, lighter and a Corona gorda or robusto just fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 12:38 AM, captain said:

This is is my absolute favorite accessory i have ever owned.

6512CD58-BC0B-4598-9161-85C29CB918FC.jpeg

The Peter James case?

How do you find the cigar pouch at protecting the sticks? Any issues with crushing or humidity problems?

1 hour ago, KavalanWhisky said:

The Peter James case?

How do you find the cigar pouch at protecting the sticks? Any issues with crushing or humidity problems?

Its great. I use it for travel and everyday smoking. I throw even throw it in my boat bag for a day of fishing. The back and sides of the pouch are hard so only the front is soft but I’ve never had any issues with my sticks. I’ve even dropped it a few times. 

yes peter James case.

1 hour ago, KavalanWhisky said:

The Peter James case?

I've traveled countless times with mine and have yet to damage a cigar. 

I throw a Boveda pack inside the sleeve to help control the humidity. 

4 hours ago, captain said:

Its great. I use it for travel and everyday smoking. I throw even throw it in my boat bag for a day of fishing. The back and sides of the pouch are hard so only the front is soft but I’ve never had any issues with my sticks. I’ve even dropped it a few times. 

yes peter James case.

3 hours ago, xtcat9k said:

I've traveled countless times with mine and have yet to damage a cigar. 

I throw a Boveda pack inside the sleeve to help control the humidity. 

Does anyone have a comparison of the Peter James case against the Project Carbon case?  Similar designs, the Project Carbon one is cheaper (and looks like lower quality leather).

4 hours ago, mt1 said:

Does anyone have a comparison of the Peter James case against the Project Carbon case?  Similar designs, the Project Carbon one is cheaper (and looks like lower quality leather).

Based on what I've been told by a friend that has the PC one vs my PJ, his case is much thicker and made of stiffer material. He prefers mine, but the price point was too expensive for him to justify. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xtcat9k said:

Based on what I've been told by a friend that has the PC one vs my PJ, his case is much thicker and made of stiffer material. He prefers mine, but the price point was too expensive for him to justify. 

Interesting, that's helpful to know, thanks!  Does your friend have any issues with crushed cigars?  Is the PC overall size bigger (thicker) than the PJ or are they pretty close to one another?

If you could rebuy, would you get the PC instead?

2 hours ago, mt1 said:

Interesting, that's helpful to know, thanks!  Does your friend have any issues with crushed cigars?  Is the PC overall size bigger (thicker) than the PJ or are they pretty close to one another?

Google the reviews for the pc and the pj case..there even some on YouTube by dutchcigars.

i had a pc and got rid of it after a week....the pj blows it out of the water in terms of quality

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mt1 said:

Don't believe he has any issues with crushing cigars. 

The PC is much thicker. 

I'm very happy with my PJ. I actually have two of them ;)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, captain said:

Google the reviews for the pc and the pj case..there even some on YouTube by dutchcigars.

i had a pc and got rid of it after a week....the pj blows it out of the water in terms of quality

That's just it. There is only one review of the Project Carbon case online!

6 hours ago, captain said:

Could you let us know more why you got rid of the PC?  I couldn't find many reviews of the PC honestly.  I like the look of the PC more (and it's considerably cheaper), it feels a bit cleaner but I'm curious why you didn't like it at all.

1 hour ago, mt1 said:

Could you let us know more why you got rid of the PC?  I couldn't find many reviews of the PC honestly.  I like the look of the PC more (and it's considerably cheaper), it feels a bit cleaner but I'm curious why you didn't like it at all.

Sure. But get what you want and you prefer...its your money.

1. i was always having to stuff tissues near the foot so the sticks would slide up and down and get damaged since I travel with various sizes. The leather in the pj case keeps my sticks snug. 

2. The compartment on the pc was not a tight seal and gave the cigars back and forth movement increasing the chances of damage. This doesn’t happen with my pc. 

3. The stitching in the pc is subpar compared to the pj. Plus the leather on the pj is gorgeous.

4. The cigar stand elastic band didn’t really keep the stand in place so it would fall out and roll around. Plus I rarely use a cigar stand

5. My v cut didn’t fit well in any pockets 

6. The pj has a handle which I thought I would never use but find myself using more and more. I also like the way the pj case looks when closed.

i feel that the pc case for a good “for now” case but I feel like the pj is my forever case.

Again this is just my opinion but you get what you pay for. I spent the extra cash and am very very happy with my pj case. I wouldn’t trade my pj for any other case and I have had a lot of others. 

Why not just buy them both and return the one you don’t like?  I’m not sure they are returnable but it’s worth’s try....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, captain said:

1. i was always having to stuff tissues near the foot so the sticks would slide up and down and get damaged since I travel with various sizes. The leather in the pj case keeps my sticks snug. 

2. The compartment on the pc was not a tight seal and gave the cigars back and forth movement increasing the chances of damage. This doesn’t happen with my pc. 

3. The stitching in the pc is subpar compared to the pj. Plus the leather on the pj is gorgeous.

4. The cigar stand elastic band didn’t really keep the stand in place so it would fall out and roll around. Plus I rarely use a cigar stand

6. The pj has a handle which I thought I would never use but find myself using more and more. I also like the way the pj case looks when closed.

i feel that the pc case for a good “for now” case but I feel like the pj is my forever case.

Again this is just my opinion but you get what you pay for. I spent the extra cash and am very very happy with my pj case. I wouldn’t trade my pj for any other case and I have had a lot of others. 

Why not just buy them both and return the one you don’t like?  I’m not sure they are returnable but it’s worth’s try....

Thanks for the input, I've been mulling over getting a PJ since watching the DutchCigars review, my wife beat me to the punch and got me a PuroPrestige case for my birthday last year but although it's great in protecting my cigars it's really a big case and I want something smaller.  I do have the Xikar humidor boxes the 5 and 10 count and I picked up a Dupont 2 finger and leather 3 finger but still really like the look of the PJ case.  Maybe I just trust my instincts and go for it and hope the wife doesn't notice I'm not using the prestige case.....

4 hours ago, captain said:

Thanks very much, I think I will pass on the PC one based on your thoughts.

Has anyone seen any good competition to the PJ case or viable alternatives in the same style?