Hadroxity

Only Suspect Cohibas from Havana Trip

Recommended Posts

Looking to get some feedback here, I smoked one, it was pretty good but I'm new to this and it was my first "Robusto". This is how it was packaged and here are the other two from the 3-pack. It came from a State Operated store with a walk in Humidor. Bag said Caracol on it. But it had a walk in humidor. 

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing screaming fake to me. Where was the shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Low quality photos
c841d18e84f52a90963f0597d260798d.jpg
It is a fake...



Yes, definitely a fake. Which shop was this please?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Yes, definitely a fake. Which shop was this please?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Even LCDH can sell fake singles. Here the rule is simple: buy only sealed boxes and check the HSA number without leaving the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even LCDH can sell fake singles. Here the rule is simple: buy only sealed boxes and check the HSA number without leaving the shop.


Well we know not to buy singles in any shop in Cuba, but having to check boxes for authenticity is a different story. Not sure how you would check serial numbers when most guys don’t have data plans on their cell phones in Cuba......

Also I don’t think this is from an LCDH because his bag is a Caracol bag. OP, can you let us know which shop this is please?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So my Fiancée actually went to Cuba pretty sure the first tour guide took them to a scammy place. This was all she bought from there just Incase she was unable to find a LCDH, everything else from the trip was a LCDH purchase. One 3 pack sealed of ryj tubos (not pictured) came from the Cruise ship terminal in Havana though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, she did buy 4 single Cohiba siglo VI from a LCDH nothing screams fake to me on the bands, however I can add a picture later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the 4 singles she purchased from a LCDH, everything else from this store was legit, all sealed boxes, matched verification on habanos, etc.

I believe these Siglo VI's are genuine, just wanting a second opinion.

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1164.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A simple  tell of authenticity is in the "C" in Cuba. If the top loop of the "C" touches the bottom loop the label is counterfeit. There has to be a  gap between the loops. While there may be very good bands on fake Cohibas there are no fake bands on authentic Cohibas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joeypots said:

A simple  tell of authenticity is in the "C" in Cuba. If the top loop of the "C" touches the bottom loop the label is counterfeit. There has to be a  gap between the loops. While there may be very good bands on fake Cohibas there are no fake bands on authentic Cohibas.

All of this feedback has definitely helped me learn how to better identify, I felt the robusto labes were a little off, I just found it strange how they were sealed and all just like the other 3 packs that were purchased from LCDH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hadroxity said:

Looking to get some feedback here, I smoked one, it was pretty good but I'm new to this and it was my first "Robusto". This is how it was packaged and here are the other two from the 3-pack. It came from a State Operated store with a walk in Humidor. Bag said Caracol on it. But it had a walk in humidor. 

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.jpg

Also if you look close, the squares on the top are cut off, and the Indian head is not centered properly in the surrounding white area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on this band from a box of Siglo IV's purchased in Havana.

The boxcode was BRE ABR 19, they were extremely spicy, I am assuming this is due to them being so freshly made.

The box of 25 was sealed and the box code checks out online. 

IMG_1174.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, Hadroxity said:

Thoughts on this band from a box of Siglo IV's purchased in Havana.

The boxcode was BRE ABR 19, they were extremely spicy, I am assuming this is due to them being so freshly made.

The box of 25 was sealed and the box code checks out online. 

 

Can give you same advice I did on Reddit, looks real, but you said no uv code on back 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Can give you same advice I did on Reddit, looks real, but you said no uv code on back 😕

Based on the ongoing Siglo I thread it looks like it isn't out of the question that UV codes may be missing from some batches of labels.  My recent boxes of Siglo I have no code buy my Siglo IV do have the code.  However, both have the four squares show up under UV.  🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m convinced the Robustos were fake by the label, however it did taste good to my inexperienced palette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 12:27 PM, BarryVT said:

Can give you same advice I did on Reddit, looks real, but you said no uv code on back 😕

These do have the UV code. The Siglo IVs that is. Robustos did not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not want to start a new thread for this but I got this from a friend and it was in smokeable. Tasted like cardboard. Looks like a piece of straw inside. dc4e8e052e361702d599fbe0e564eeb8.jpg43098bd20647c510664bbd6400a0d37f.jpgaea59b7cd3cf939c71b950d508d2f2dc.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 7:22 PM, Stogiepuffer said:

I did not want to start a new thread for this but I got this from a friend and it was in smokeable. Tasted like cardboard. Looks like a piece of straw inside. dc4e8e052e361702d599fbe0e564eeb8.jpg43098bd20647c510664bbd6400a0d37f.jpgaea59b7cd3cf939c71b950d508d2f2dc.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

 That band was a dead giveaway, 100% fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figures. The guy said they are authentic when he gave them to me. I did not ask where or who he got them from.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.