Only Suspect Cohibas from Havana Trip

Hadroxity

Looking to get some feedback here, I smoked one, it was pretty good but I'm new to this and it was my first "Robusto". This is how it was packaged and here are the other two from the 3-pack. It came from a State Operated store with a walk in Humidor. Bag said Caracol on it. But it had a walk in humidor. 

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.jpg

Yes, definitely a fake. Which shop was this please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Even LCDH can sell fake singles. Here the rule is simple: buy only sealed boxes and check the HSA number without leaving the shop.

Even LCDH can sell fake singles. Here the rule is simple: buy only sealed boxes and check the HSA number without leaving the shop.

Well we know not to buy singles in any shop in Cuba, but having to check boxes for authenticity is a different story. Not sure how you would check serial numbers when most guys don’t have data plans on their cell phones in Cuba......

Also I don’t think this is from an LCDH because his bag is a Caracol bag. OP, can you let us know which shop this is please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So my Fiancée actually went to Cuba pretty sure the first tour guide took them to a scammy place. This was all she bought from there just Incase she was unable to find a LCDH, everything else from the trip was a LCDH purchase. One 3 pack sealed of ryj tubos (not pictured) came from the Cruise ship terminal in Havana though.

A simple  tell of authenticity is in the "C" in Cuba. If the top loop of the "C" touches the bottom loop the label is counterfeit. There has to be a  gap between the loops. While there may be very good bands on fake Cohibas there are no fake bands on authentic Cohibas.

3 hours ago, joeypots said:

A simple  tell of authenticity is in the "C" in Cuba. If the top loop of the "C" touches the bottom loop the label is counterfeit. There has to be a  gap between the loops. While there may be very good bands on fake Cohibas there are no fake bands on authentic Cohibas.

All of this feedback has definitely helped me learn how to better identify, I felt the robusto labes were a little off, I just found it strange how they were sealed and all just like the other 3 packs that were purchased from LCDH. 

20 hours ago, Hadroxity said:

Looking to get some feedback here, I smoked one, it was pretty good but I'm new to this and it was my first "Robusto". This is how it was packaged and here are the other two from the 3-pack. It came from a State Operated store with a walk in Humidor. Bag said Caracol on it. But it had a walk in humidor. 

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.jpg

Also if you look close, the squares on the top are cut off, and the Indian head is not centered properly in the surrounding white area

Thoughts on this band from a box of Siglo IV's purchased in Havana.

The boxcode was BRE ABR 19, they were extremely spicy, I am assuming this is due to them being so freshly made.

The box of 25 was sealed and the box code checks out online. 

IMG_1174.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, Hadroxity said:

Thoughts on this band from a box of Siglo IV's purchased in Havana.

The boxcode was BRE ABR 19, they were extremely spicy, I am assuming this is due to them being so freshly made.

The box of 25 was sealed and the box code checks out online. 

Can give you same advice I did on Reddit, looks real, but you said no uv code on back ?

8 hours ago, BarryVT said:

Can give you same advice I did on Reddit, looks real, but you said no uv code on back ?

Based on the ongoing Siglo I thread it looks like it isn't out of the question that UV codes may be missing from some batches of labels.  My recent boxes of Siglo I have no code buy my Siglo IV do have the code.  However, both have the four squares show up under UV.  ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 7:22 PM, Stogiepuffer said:

I did not want to start a new thread for this but I got this from a friend and it was in smokeable. Tasted like cardboard. Looks like a piece of straw inside. dc4e8e052e361702d599fbe0e564eeb8.jpg43098bd20647c510664bbd6400a0d37f.jpgaea59b7cd3cf939c71b950d508d2f2dc.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That band was a dead giveaway, 100% fake.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...