Sign in to follow this  
joshhooper7

MEL FEB 17 Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2. WOW!!!

I have a PSP box with the same code but have gone through 3/4 of the box already.  The pungent aroma from the box is out of this world. Jealous you still have 24 to go.  I got another JL2 box, different code, later production date but it doesn't even compare.

Just received a box of JLS2 UTL Jul 18...looks like I still have some waiting to do to get that experience.  If this box pans out anything like yours I’ll be pleased. 

Shhhhh. Stop telling people. Seriously though, JL1 and 2 are both serious contenders for my top three 2018 production. And that's saying something because it has been a damn good year across a lot of marcas. 

Sounds like you hit pay dirt there mate. Congrats

My box is exactly the same code, bought around the same time. We might have even got them from the same 24:24! I remember picking these up just before Havanathon 2017. Have to agree with @Diabolicalpherpher, this is one of the most oily and pungent boxes I have ever had. When received, I remember being able to smell it through the packaging.

Great review @joshhooper7! I was ageing my box - was going to wait until the 3 year mark, which it is not far off from, but after your review I think I've just lost all resolve to wait any longer! 😉

I agree the JL n2  is a fantastic cigar. I have a similar box code and I do get those nice orange citrus notes and that "Cuban twang". Rob describes it as of you are smoking a Negroni which I totally agree! I have tried a 4 year old JLn2 from Rob at a FoH meet last year. It was fantastic. Let them age a bit longer if you can!

Love it when a Marca like this breaks down the whole idea of “luxury”. Good product