Sign in to follow this  
Brian okiec

Vinales trip

I have been four times with two trips to vinale

my observations 

Did not see any roadside cigars

I purchased some puros at the farms.  Pretty crude rolls.  More of a donation as far as I was concerned.  Certainly not quality rolls.  Sounds like an extension of buying off the street-  don’t do that as I did on my first trip.  I truly believe you are better off by visiting the Casa De Habanos stores, getting your proper paper work and enjoying the experience.  I was also stopped at Airport on one trip-  Not pleasant

Remember-  they can confiscate anything that has improper proper work 

i love Cuba

Don’t put yourself under pressure

Enjoy your trip

Boxcarwillie

Once you're in Vinales you can find lots of options for tours, or just walk out to the nearby farms (5-10 minutes from downtown at most) and people there will be glad to invite you in for a 'tour'. The farm rolls I encountered are fun but not really worth hoarding in my opinion. Nice to smoke while walking around and save a more serious smoke for sitting in the evening, or after a meal. We paid $1 per farm roll, more or less. There is an LCDH store on the main street in Vinales, an unassuming storefront--and inventory was sparse, but I did poke around and found a 50 cab of PL Petit Coronas for $203. That was fun, still have about half of it.