Sign in to follow this  
Notsocleaver

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.2 (2008) (RGRW)

One of my unicorns for sure! Kill to have some! The 4 is outstanding itself 

• Like 1

Man I have one of these and never had one before... when am I going to smoke it!? Great review, love the pics.

• Thanks 1

They are stonkingly good.      Definitely one where the hype lives up to the experience.  Great review

• Thanks 1

I am surprised about the minty note. Usually you don't get a camphor / minty note on Habanos until they are a couple decades old. I have wanted to try the No.2 but can't get my hands on any. 

Great review! I smoked my last 2011 MDO2 last week. It was a joyous day and a sad one. It smoked like yours with a little more fruity or juicy fruit gum flavor. My other thought was that some nc Davidoff have that mushroom, forest floor flavor.

• Thanks 1

Nice review!  I’m excited to get my hands on the 04.  

What is ideal aging time for LGC?  There are some on the auction now from 2016 and the ones from the auction a couple weeks ago were 2014 (I paid too much but I can’t wait to get my hands on them.). Is it ok to dive right in to the 2014s? 

• Thanks 1

Good fresh and good aged. I've been enjoying my '14 and '15 boxes of MdO#4 a lot. Just need to make sure you give them that rest time, those thin cigars suffer if they are over or under humidified.

• Thanks 1

Are the #4 even still a thing, or just a copyright placeholder? I haven’t seen any on the 24:24 and they certainly aren’t a regular stock item.

They show up on 24:24 from time to time and are generally available right now, but it can be spotty. Better now than it was a few years ago really.

• Thanks 1