Cruise ships to Warships in Havana.

1 hour ago, nKostyan said:

What he does, what he does.... Russians came to Havana for shopping cigars emoji1787.png

Yep, sure they do.

Very close to LCDH Conde de Villanueva. Good taste they have.  And I am sure they will leave more money on-shore than the cruisers .... ?

In what some Cubans saw as a potent symbol of changing times, the Admiral Gorshkov is moored at the cruise terminal where ships from cruise lines like Carnival and Norwegian loomed over Old Havana as recently as June 6.

not sure it is a huge surprise. the embargo has placed restrictions on so many ships, preventing them from going there. why wouldn't the cubans welcome anyone who will visit? if there was no embargo, then hard to see a situation like this arising. might be sad, certainly not arguing that, but it is preventable. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

We just had Chinese warships in Sydney Harbour. 

Last reports were that the sky hadn't fallen down. 

Surprisingly, every supermarket ran out of baby formula just before they left... :sneaky:

• 1 year later...

Thanks Ken. Give me a month and I'll show you myself...

If the winds are favorable 🤪.  I did a lot of joint ops with the Canadian Navy, they were fun to hang with and they had booze on the ships.  More civilized than the US Navy

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

Pin on funny miletery

i like that. i do remember when i visited friends in calgary or edmonton (which one has the massive shopping mall with indoor lake - or did then?) and they had two working subs in this lake, for tourists and kids. it was pointed out to me that this was twice the number that the canadian navy had at the time. no idea if true but it gave me a giggle. 

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i like that. i do remember when i visited friends in calgary or edmonton (which one has the massive shopping mall with indoor lake - or did then?) and they had two working subs in this lake, for tourists and kids. it was pointed out to me that this was twice the number that the canadian navy had at the time. no idea if true but it gave me a giggle. 

I just realized I never got you out on my ship for a tour when we stopped in at Brisbane, Ken. My fault, apologies.  I could have at least corrected some misconceptions about the RCN...🤣

About the subs, depends when you were there. We went through a long phase with none in service, we're definitely past that now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Does anybody know are cruise ships returning to Cuba in the near future?

Did this post actually say 1 year later? Didn't come on the quote. More like 1.5 though I guess that's maybe not necrotic - leave that to @Fuzz to judge.

Regardless, Canadian Navy submarines just sounds cool. Are they also icebreakers?

12 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Regardless, Canadian Navy submarines just sounds cool. Are they also icebreakers?

Don't know about that but I think the Russians are ahead of us in the icebreaker field, especially since they have nuclear powered ones that are much more effective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear-powered_icebreaker

Edit: You can literally book a cruise to the North Pole.

How do you get a Canadian submarine to the surface in January?

Wait until May!

• Haha 2