Politicians in Support of Cigar Industry?

Florida is the only base where politicians have a dog in the fight. Theres so much money in FL. Companies like padron, fuente, my father, tatuaje all are home base there, thier crops are elsewhere, but the real money all lies in that state. Consequently, they also are the biggest anti-Cuban lobby. Need to protect that market where US cigars can go for $20-$40 a pop, pre-tax. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoliDan said:

Florida is the only base where politicians have a dog in the fight. Theres so much money in FL. Companies like padron, fuente, my father, tatuaje all are home base there, thier crops are elsewhere, but the real money all lies in that state. Consequently, they also are the biggest anti-Cuban lobby. Need to protect that market where US cigars can go for $20-$40 a pop, pre-tax. 

Pennsylvania in addition. Support is bi-partisan here (like Florida), tobacco growing and the giant mail order catalog/online industry have a lot of sway. 

• Like 2

i would vote for him in a flash

It has been a long time since i have seen any politician stand up and draw a line in the sand in support of cigars and the people who make and smoke them. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Couldn't find one that supports any kind of smoking in my home state :(

No offense to you but that is no surprise whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

Or he understands his constituents.

This. The tobacco lobby in FL is pounding on his door daily. 

And although I'd prefer a politician to defend smoking on the basis of preserving personal freedom, I suppose any reason is something to fight for.

With Rubio leading the charge as FL has the only concentrated premium cigar industry in the US I doubt any other GOP senators wouldn't go along, but unfortunately nothing starts in the Senate.

Rubio is a hack politician who'll twist whichever way the wind blows.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day (though nowadays, you date yourself with that analogy ?).

I wish that there are many cigar and pipe supporting politicians in my country... Tobacco products including cigar and pipe are being bashed ruthlessly unlike liquors like beer (many cheapie beer and soju TV commercials everywhere). Same goes on video games unfortunately (also under the severe threat)...