Rumours from Havana: Romeo Grand Churchill is currently being rolled at El Laguito. 

22 hours ago, timis300 said:

I wonder how many of these Melon will take home for himself... time to go to cuba in search of Melon

Maybe he gets the rolling factory allowance of five per day. One for me one for the world one for me one for the world 

5 hours ago, mk05 said:

@El Presidente - GC's had been rolled at EL since February. 

This wouldn’t be the first time that one roller had the task of producing a special humidors cigars. This also won’t be the last. This is confirmed info from the head of EL. Wonder who told you different. Oh and these cigars are heavily controlled. Anything you see popping up and being sold aren’t the real deal unless they came from the pre-release boxes. 

• Like 2

When I start a thread with "Rumour From Havana"  it is more "best information at the time" as opposed to Pulitzer winning journalism. :D

It is a great way of pooling information....as it has proved here. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, miamipadronsmoker said:

This wouldn’t be the first time that one roller had the task of producing a special humidors cigars. This also won’t be the last. This is confirmed info from the head of EL. Wonder who told you different. Oh and these cigars are heavily controlled. Anything you see popping up and being sold aren’t the real deal unless they came from the pre-release boxes. 

By pre release boxes do you mean 2 pack boxes?

On 7/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, miamipadronsmoker said:

I don't know, robbie.  My buddy just bought a bundle of 25 of these real cheap that were rolled at EL.  He said why pay full price when you can pay a fraction for the exact same cigar. Crazy world we live in....

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Just smoked one generously gifted. Actually 56 x 190 (7 1/2). It's a big boy, no doubt about it. I was smoking at a fairly brisk pace and it was a solid 3 hours. 

Ain't worth no $500. 100% RyJ DNA. IMO, this is where the standard Churchills should be. Under medium, fairly flavorful but not rich, very balanced. Just enough flavor and balance to keep me from getting sick of it which is actually quite impressive for a 3 hour cigar.

I didn't get the sense that there's any "special" or extremely aged leaf in it like a BHK or GR. Standard leaf but definitely high quality. I would say 93 points. Best RyJ I've had in recent memory. Unfortunately, this is about the ceiling for RyJ. 

• Like 4

On 7/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, MPS said:

Oh and these cigars are heavily controlled. Anything you see popping up and being sold aren’t the real deal unless they came from the pre-release boxes. 

Might have been the case in 2019 but I can assure you with 100% certainty there is no longer such a thing as "tightly controlled" in Cuba. Anything can be had with the right connection and cash.