Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Humor

Apollo 11 was a staged hoax. It was done in studio by the only man who could pull it off. Stanley Kubrick. The movie masterpiece The Shining is Kubrick's admission that the Apollo 11 moon landing was a hoax. The USA did not have the capability to reach the moon as Russia was much farther ahead in technology in those days. NASA's answer was to hook up with Kubrick and with a little trick photography at the time we "were on the moon", LOL. It was no doubt embarrassing that the US government back then was behind the 8 ball compared to the USSR

2 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

Apollo 11 was a staged hoax. It was done in studio by the only man who could pull it off. Stanley Kubrick. The movie masterpiece The Shining is Kubrick's admission that the Apollo 11 moon landing was a hoax. The USA did not have the capability to reach the moon as Russia was much farther ahead in technology in those days. NASA's answer was to hook up with Kubrick and with a little trick photography at the time we "were on the moon", LOL. It was no doubt embarrassing that the US government back then was behind the 8 ball compared to the USSR

Surely you jest...?

9 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

Surely you jest...?

I have watched The Shining hundreds of times. The movie was Kubrick's admission that HE staged Apollo 11 in a studio. There may be many conspiracy theories that are rubbish, but this one adds up to reality. 

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 

(Apollo11) and no play makes (Stanley) a dull boy.  :wink2:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NYgarman said:

Ask that to Buzz Aldrin and see what responses you get ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OZCUBAN said:

Ask that to Buzz Aldrin and see what responses you get ?

I worked at a radio station in the early 2000’s on a morning radio show.  When the shuttle Colombia broke apart in the atmosphere upon reentry in 2003, I made a moonshot (no pun intended) effort to reach Buzz Aldrin by phone for some words of encouragement.  He picked up the phone and without hesitation spoke to me that early morning before speaking live on our show.  

I’ve meet few people that are as endearing and intelligent as he.  He spoke words of encouragement and hope and aspiration for humankind’s continued progress.  He spoke of the incalculable value of space exploration and of his role in it.  

He said he walked on the moon, and I believe him without a shred of doubt in my mind.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Drguano said:

Some of you may never have heard this debunked but nevertheless slightly amusing tale from the heady (pardon the expression) days of Apollo...

Almost 50 years ago, Neil Armstrong walked on the moon.. but did you know what was his first thought on the moon??

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous “One small step for man; one giant leap for mankind” statement, but followed it by several remarks, including the usual COM traffic between him, the other astronauts, and Mission Control. Before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark “Good luck, Mr. Gorsky.”Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, [they found] there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs.

Over the years, many people have questioned him as to what the “Good luck, Mr. Gorsky” statement meant. On July 5, in Tampa Bay, FL, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26- year-old question to Armstrong. He finally responded. It seems that Mr. Gorsky had died and so Armstrong felt he could answer the question. When he was a kid, Neil was playing baseball with his brother in the backyard. His brother hit a fly ball which landed in front of his neighbors’ bedroom window. The neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, he heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, “Oral sex? Oral sex you want? You’ll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!”

That's such a great story I was really hoping it was true.  

Not to put too fine a point on it, but re: Armstrong's statement, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”, it's slightly but significantly misquoted.

Looking at that statement, it's actually a redundant statement (ie "man" lacking an indefinite article it essentially the same as saying "mankind").  What he actually said was "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.”