WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #14

50/50 Poll #14  

111 members have voted

1. 1. One of the two is gone for good, which one would you keep?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Mexican Coke?   ....Because it’s the perfect accompaniment to a 6-Day Dry-aged Cheat Method Tomahawk Ribeye...THAT’S WHY! ....D

Coke is the easy answer here because they have the best soft drink on Earth: MEXICAN COKE If you’ve never tried it, you don’t know what heaven is. Back in the day they were rumored to includ

Wow... Coke shat in! Not even close. 94-17. I think that's the most lopsided one yet... might have to rename this comp. lol.  To this week's random draw sampler winner - that goes to @SMQQKIN !!

The world knows the truth about Coke vs Pepsi.

3 hours ago, shrink said:

Sacrificing chickens or virgins? 

Now this is a quandary. If you sacrifice a chicken, at least you can eat it. Now what's the point of sacrificing a virgin? 

Chickens, of course! Why waste a perfectly good virgin? I mean, you can't eat a.... :huh:.... oh.... :o.... no, never mind. :lookaround:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

@Buck14 I need to learn how to blacken a rare steak like that. Looks amazing. 

I chose pepsi, because I dont know if I could tell the difference.

My pellet grill has a sear vent that is advertised to reach 1000F. I’ve been meaning to try it out on a nice cut of beef.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeyBones777 said:

Coke from McDonald's...it is literally better than coke from anywhere else! I don't know if coke makes a different recipe for them or if it is their particular carbonation setting but McDonald's has it dialed in for the perfect Coke.

@JoeyBones777

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-mcdonalds-coke-tastes-better-2017-2

The first taste of McD’s coke is exceptional.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thirds said:

Maybe it is because the rest of the food at Maccas taste like crap? To be honest, I found American Maccas to be inferior to Australian Maccas, but not nearly as bad as Maccas in Guangzhou, China.

Has anyone noticed how Coke tastes different, depending on the packaging? I find Coke in a glass bottle tastes better than one in a plastic bottle or an aluminium can.

3 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Maybe it is because the rest of the food at Maccas taste like crap? To be honest, I found American Maccas to be inferior to Australian Maccas, but not nearly as bad as Maccas in Guangzhou, China.

Has anyone noticed how Coke tastes different, depending on the packaging? I find Coke in a glass bottle tastes better than one in a plastic bottle or an aluminium can.

I concur on the quality of McDs/Maccas.  I often say I’m so hungry I could eat at McDs.  I did try one of the “fresh beef” improves quarter pounders a while back and do think it was an improvement.  They probably changed the name to Maccas in AU to distance themselves from the American perception of low quality. 

Agreed...coke in a bottle far superior to coke in aluminum can. 

11 hours ago, Thirds said:

I concur on the quality of McDs/Maccas.  I often say I’m so hungry I could eat at McDs.  I did try one of the “fresh beef” improves quarter pounders a while back and do think it was an improvement.  They probably changed the name to Maccas in AU to distance themselves from the American perception of low quality. 

Agreed...coke in a bottle far superior to coke in aluminum can. 

Macca's is just an Aussie slang term for McDonald's, just like Mickey D's is the American slang term.

McDonald's Australia has always tried to distance itself from the negativity of their American counterpart, by touting the freshness and quality of their Australian sourced ingredient. To be honest, after a late night out, if I'm not picking up a HSP, it is usually a Big Mac.

Coke without hesitation, and Mexican Coke, they have it at a bodega near my place, much better than the regular Coke we get here. I have maybe 1 or 2 per year max, I mostly drink carbonated water.  

Haven't had a Pepsi since the 90's when they had the Pepsi challenge; I would ask them if they wanted to know which one tasted better or which one was the Pepsi ?, nailed it every time. 

11 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Macca's is just an Aussie slang term for McDonald's, just like Mickey D's is the American slang term.

McDonald's Australia has always tried to distance itself from the negativity of their American counterpart, by touting the freshness and quality of their Australian sourced ingredient. To be honest, after a late night out, if I'm not picking up a HSP, it is usually a Big Mac.

They appear to have fully adopted the slang in their marketing efforts! Out of curiosity I glanced at the menu offerings; very similar in some regards but that Brekkie Burger looks like a cobbled mess!  You fine folks from down under don’t mess around.  “Put everything we’ve got on this one....”

I’m partial to the Taco Bell on late nights knowing each visit reduces my life expectancy by a day. 

642BBD6A-25E5-4DB8-B27B-10409D786C0D.jpeg

Mexican Coca Cola is made with cane sugar. The stuff we get in the USA is made with corn syrup. A can of Coke, 12 Oz, contains 9⅓ teaspoons of sugar. My dad was in the food business and as a child there was no discussion about having soft drinks in the house. There were none. Ever. That said, Coke is the bomb and I don't care for Pepsi. BTW, there is the same amount of sugar in  orange juice as there is in Coke, and it doesn't matter that the sugar in the OJ is 'natural'......the human body can't tell the difference between what we delude ourselves as being health or bad sugars. 

I wouldn't miss either one.

There was an article yesterday in the news about a long-term study done in France on sweet sodas, they found that just a half glass of sugary soda per day increased the incidence of cancer by over 30%. Yikes! I know folks who suck down multiple sodas per day.

13 hours ago, Buck14 said:

Why Mexican Coke?

I don’t think I have ever had one. I’ve heard from many people it has to do with their sugar and a slightly different recipe in regards to preservatives.  I don’t drink soda but I will look out for them locally. I mean who doesn’t like an intense sugar buzz once in awhile.

16 hours ago, BoliDan said:

@Buck14 I need to learn how to blacken a rare steak like that. Looks amazing. 

I chose pepsi, because I dont know if I could tell the difference.

@BoliDan check out this thread:

Best non-cigar thread on FoH bar none!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1