47 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Where cubans use nothing but long filler  non-cubans include short and mid length leaf into their cigars.

Every cigar produced in Cuba uses nothing but long filler, and every cigar produced outside of Cuba includes short and mid filler?

• Like 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't hold grudges  $12 a cigar or $300 a box brings a lot of very good Cuban cigars into play. 

I'm glad you posted this. So I tend to avoid most discussions about NC cigars on these forums. Primarily because it's a CC forum but also because the vast majority of people who comment do so wit

Villiger La Flor de Ynclan Lancero Especial Illusione Singularé 2018 Turin Caldwell Long Live the King MAD MF Corona Hit and Run Part Deux (Rip & Dip) Almost Robusto Sa

1 hour ago, Monterey said:

Non cubans have much more evolution than cubans.  Not saying that is a good thing. Cubans have slight evolutions while non-cubans have fairly major evolutions.  It is in the way they make the cigars.  Where cubans use nothing but long filler (hence slight evolutions s you smoke thru the leaves) non-cubans include short and mid length leaf into their cigars.  Hitting different type of leaves throughout the smoke results in significant flavor evolution.      Having said that, I prefer the cuban slow evolution.   But to say cubans have more evolutions than non-cubans is incorrect.

Respectfully have to disagree on all of that. 

I've smoked hundreds upon hundreds of NC cigars that are flat and lack evolution. I've smoked a small number of Cubans that lack evolution.

As far as NCs using short and mid leaf filler, that's just not true. The vast majority of NCs use long filler just like Cuban cigars, and if they don't it's almost always disclosed either by the manufacturer or by media sites or magazines.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

As far as NCs using short and mid leaf filler, that's just not true. The vast majority of NCs use long filler just like Cuban cigars, and if they don't it's almost always disclosed either by the manufacturer or by media sites or magazines.

Including smaller pieces in a long filler cigar doesn't require disclosures.  Geesh.   I never said anything about non-cubans be void of long filler.   You clearly missed the point.

41 minutes ago, Monterey said:

Including smaller pieces in a long filler cigar doesn't require disclosures.  Geesh.   I never said anything about non-cubans be void of long filler.   You clearly missed the point.

Making breaks in long filler, such as breaking off the tips, is standard practice for CC and NC rolling. The way I read it seemed to say short and medium filler tobacco is used in NC cigar making. Little pieces of broken off long filler tobacco is not short and medium fill tobacco and I just wanted to make that clear. 

It may not be the point of what you posted, but I wanted to clarify for others who might read this discussion in the future.