RyJ Short Church wrapper colors. Need help!

Greetings everyone! 

I have a dilemma I'm hoping this forum of gurus can help me come to terms with.

Before I found this magnificent forum I purchased a box of RyJ Short Churchills elsewhere and the wrappers look much lighter than I am used to seeing. Have others seen variances in wrapper colors from box to box? I know cubans have natural quality variations, but just curious on the variations of RyJ Short Chruchs?

There will be quite a lot of variation, certainly including some light claro shade, going all the way through to dark rosado. Don't worry about it from an authenticity perspective. As for quality... post a picture, and tell us how they smoke!  

• Like 1

Previously, the light color of the wrapper for Havanas was considered a sign of premium and nobility. Also on premium cigars are not allowed spotted and uneven shade. Now this rule is not observed, you can even find QdS in Colorado-Maduro. QdS - brand, when creating which was put the condition "only light wrapper".

• Like 1

Yes. They will vary. I have a box of RyJ short Churchill’s that were almost a Maduro with a slight reddish hue when I got them. They have been sitting and now a more reddish hue is coming out. It has taken a good 6 months for that change. It was a young box when I bought them. And I have also received boxes of RyJ that have that good reddish hue right from the start. But they were older boxes when I bought them. Then again I bought a cab of PLPC HQ. When I received them the wrappers were so light, 24 hours in the humidor the turned a beautiful deep Colorado. Have to totally agree with @Fuzz.

• Like 1