nKostyan

Partagas Salomones LCDH Unknown

This Figurado from the same source as in previous figurado reviews.

The smell of the cut: cedar, cinnamon.

554cebc858c6c3022941746d5b5dc5de.jpg

1/3: from the beginning and after the combustion of the foot cap - good powerfull smoke. Strength is already above average, a powerful start. Taste profile style as top vitolas from Partagas line: oak wood, molasses/dark caramel, bitter almond, bitter espresso

9b4a85efe13f362c18d8df4164e3a596.jpg

2/3: the cigar became more spicy, there was a burning black pepper and bitterness. In General taste line is dominated a bitter espresso beans of high roasted. Each delicate puff gives a lot of dense strong body smoke.

a7d69f970d8c85840b0422b6656a886c.jpg

3/3: the taste has become simple and clean, only oak and spices. Interesting evolution.

Conclusion: in this format I smoked only Cuaba - it was linear soft not strong taste. Partagas Salomon - I was pleasantly surprised. A powerful cigar with a clear evolution of taste. It is definitely 5/5 stars

I also feel great potential for deep aging

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great review, and good to know.   I often avoid such big cigars for a fear they might be boring, but this sounds very interesting.   Hats off

• Like 1

I've always thought that CC Ligador picks up a mixture of low strength for a large cigar. Now I doubt that's the rule...

lovely 'toothy' ash

I've got a couple of '08 Party Salomones from initial release.  Among the first CC's I ever ordered.  It will be hard to part with them, but maybe it's time to try them out.       

I've got a couple of '08 Party Salomones from initial release.  Among the first CC's I ever ordered.  It will be hard to part with them, but maybe it's time to try them out.       

On forums write, that 2008-2009 they were excellent, later have become bored

They were terrific when very young.  Hope I haven't held them too long.  They've become sacred cows in my humidor.  I'll surely post a review when I find an occasion to go in on one.  Can't take 'em with ya.   

Just finished the last of some OR.  Have also had some later years (09/10).  Simply the best Partagas I've ever had (bar one, which was just too oaky).  Definitely worth aging, based upon those past vintages.  I wonder if more recent ones are ready sooner like so many other blends seem to be.