FOH Humidor Vids: Part Two - Humidor Etiquette

Fun. Here’s a semi-serious etiquette question @Elpresidente: how many boxes do you think it’s reasonable for a customer to open? Roughly. Obvs I’m talking sealed boxes here. Sure if someone is buying tons of expensive stuff it’s different, but what about someone just looking to choose one nice box of reg prod smokes? 

9 minutes ago, RDB said:

Fun. Here’s a semi-serious etiquette question @Elpresidente: how many boxes do you think it’s reasonable for a customer to open? Roughly. Obvs I’m talking sealed boxes here. Sure if someone is buying tons of expensive stuff it’s different, but what about someone just looking to choose one nice box of reg prod smokes? 

It's a little bit different for us simply because we inspect all boxes before sale. In that case, there is no limit as they will all be opened eventually. 

When I am travelling and looking at purchasing a box (which I do), I find that that the number of boxes the staff member/owner is comfortable opening is directly proportional to the rapport that you have developed. 

No rapport      -------         1-2 boxes. 

Good rapport (first visit)   2-3 boxes

Regular     3-5 boxes. 

Don't be that anal twat that who  is seeking a colorado rosado wrapper on a Connie A and who rejects a PSP Colorado Connie A with brilliant sheen on the 5th box opened because "It is almost perfect....but I want a touch more red to the wrapper"  :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, Tonyontop said:

LOL Great video Rob, very funny!

Happy to say I have never been that guy.

@Elpresidente i am curious though is there an unwritten rule as to the amount of time you should spend in the humidor? Obviously not bring a lounge chair but how long is too long...

Just respect peoples time & partly relative to what you buy.

Monte 4 single....10 minutes

Cohiba anniversary humidor.......stay for dinner.

• Haha 1