Which LCDH in the world!

So I was thinking the other day about planning a trip for me and the wife. Then I got to thinking, where on earth are some of the best LCDH for selection and prices. Of course our amazing host here el prez you are the best hands down. So that said where would you go? FYI, if it matters I live in Kansas smack dab in the middle of the USA. 

• Like 1

Whereabouts in Kansas?  I’m just north of KC in Missouri.  Headed to Nepal for an EBC trek and I’ll be visiting my first LCDH in Dubai.  Actually booked the hotel right by the LCDH for this reason.  

Knokke seems to get pretty solid reviews from what I’ve read but don’t know about the lounge.  

Im guessing if you want quantity, Cuba would be pretty hard to beat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thirds said:

Whereabouts in Kansas?  I’m just north of KC in Missouri.  Headed to Nepal for an EBC trek and I’ll be visiting my first LCDH in Dubai.  Actually booked the hotel right by the LCDH for this reason.  

Knokke seems to get pretty solid reviews from what I’ve read but don’t know about the lounge.  

I live in west Shawnee. I would love to hear about your trip when you get back. What part of North KC? Liberty, parkville? And Cuba is pretty much out now for us Americans. 

3 hours ago, Thirds said:

Dubai LcDH lounge is nice at JBR. Prices suck big ones. Buy when you leave Dubai at the airport LcDH, prices almost half, good quality. 

Keith.

8 hours ago, Outdoorguy84 said:

I live in west Shawnee. I would love to hear about your trip when you get back. What part of North KC? Liberty, parkville? And Cuba is pretty much out now for us Americans. 

Cuba is still a very viable option for Americans. Most of B.O.'s changes were mostly for the optics. People felt it was less of a risk to travel during his admin, but the actual policies changed very little. The same thing (but in reverse) is happening with the current Admin, the core policy hasn't changed all that much but the rhetoric has. There are still more than a dozen commercial flights from the US to Cuba every day, Visa's are still easy to get and the original 11 "travel Categories" are all still viable. If you're nervous about it, Support for the Cuban People is the easiest category to document and book a trip around. There are many US based members who take regular trips since the Admin change and who will take more trips before it changes again. Me Included. The Cuba Travel sub Forum is a great place to start, but if you have more questions, feel free to PM me. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Cuba is still a very viable option for Americans. Most of B.O.'s changes were mostly for the optics. People felt it was less of a risk to travel during his admin, but the actual policies changed very little. The same thing (but in reverse) is happening with the current Admin, the core policy hasn't changed all that much but the rhetoric has. There are still more than a dozen commercial flights from the US to Cuba every day, Visa's are still easy to get and the original 11 "travel Categories" are all still viable. If you're nervous about it, Support for the Cuban People is the easiest category to document and book a trip around. There are many US based members who take regular trips since the Admin change and who will take more trips before it changes again. Me Included. The Cuba Travel sub Forum is a great place to start, but if you have more questions, feel free to PM me. 

Oh that’s awesome. Thanks for the info. I’ll be looking into that today. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zyxwvu44 said:

I've only been to a couple...

Hong Kong had a small selection but great lounge.
Amsterdam had great selection and NO lounge.
Rome had medium-small selection and im not sure about lounge.

LCDH Amsterdam does have a smoking area that is downstairs, its a board room type area where you can smoke.  Also the Hotel that the LCDH is located in has a smoking area in the hotel bar that they will direct you to where you can smoke

7 hours ago, Coloniales said:

Dubai LcDH lounge is nice at JBR. Prices suck big ones. Buy when you leave Dubai at the airport LcDH, prices almost half, good quality. 

Keith.

Thanks for the tip, Keith.  We intend to have a few at JBR and then head out to Kathmandu.  

Good selection at the duty free too?  

10 hours ago, Outdoorguy84 said:

live in west Shawnee. I would love to hear about your trip when you get back. What part of North KC? Liberty, parkville? And Cuba is pretty much out now for us Americans. 

Live just north of Kearney in Holt (east of I35 and west/south of Lawson). We lived in OP when we moved back from Arkansas.  We traded the amenities of Johnson County for some space in the country.  We’ll have to meet up for a smoke. 

As other members mentioned, Cuba is still very much in play. I’ve been doing some research on cigar related tours in Cuba.  There are many travel guides that could immerse you in the cigar culture of Cuba.  It sounds as if you can develop a customized itinerary that allows you to see some factories and plenty of LCDH time as well as cultural experiences that still comply with the Support for the Cuban People. 

• Thanks 1

LCDH Amsterdam does have a smoking area that is downstairs, its a board room type area where you can smoke.  Also the Hotel that the LCDH is located in has a smoking area in the hotel bar that they will direct you to where you can smoke
They said that area is strictly members only. I didn't know about the restaurant though!

Nothing like the main source. Just goto Cuba. Best prices/Custom Rolls/Farm Rolls you can't beat it. If you are really only interested in Grand Reserva's and Limited Edition product I'd assume China since they go to Cuba and buy up everything that's super high end.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:35 PM, Outdoorguy84 said:

Dude you can still go there. I just went in June. The Trump Admin. makes it sound like it's hard. My trip was no problem you just need to keep records.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, Thirds said:

Thanks for the tip, Keith.  We intend to have a few at JBR and then head out to Kathmandu.  

Good selection at the duty free too?  

Yes the selection is good. The La Casa JBR is shutting for good late September, with the prices in Dubai subject to 100% tax, they aren't making any money, on the contrary. However, there maybe a solution in the pipeline keep you posted.

Keith.

3 hours ago, Coloniales said:

Yes the selection is good. The La Casa JBR is shutting for good late September, with the prices in Dubai subject to 100% tax, they aren't making any money, on the contrary. However, there maybe a solution in the pipeline keep you posted.

Keith.

Had no idea they were closing.  We don’t land until early October so I may just miss them.  May also have to reschedule where I’m staying because that played a huge part in the decision.  Thanks for the heads up.