El Presidente

Nudies Carlota and lancero update

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Hamlet smoking the Nudies Lancero

......he maybe taking the "Nudie" theme a touch far :D

Hamlet Nudie.jpg

In for a penny, in for a pound!

I've officially started my cigar buying freeze to afford as many as possible! I sadly never knew his Cuban tobacco, but I have had the pleasure of meeting Hamlet stateside, great dude-(when he heard me say "friends of habanos" it was like meeting a long lost family member! lol) and have been enjoying his work with rocky! Cant wait to try these...plus Lanceros are a favorite size!! 

If I understand things right, each years roll out will be a different blend? Will there be enouph to reorder after I get a chance to try the 2019's?

3 hours ago, crking3 said:

Any clue on pricing yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be released late September. 

Not expensive at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FOH making non-cubans and Alex (Comordoro Alex) releasing a line of non-cubans.  What has the world come to :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Elpresidente I do have one question a while back some members posted some reviews about customs they were given by you. Are these of the final blends?  If so could you repost a consolidate?  If not could there be any previews say by @JohnS he’s a great reviewer.  Or maybe by the King himself @Ken Gargett

• Thanks 2

@Wertman, I will be picking these up when they are publicly available and I will provide a review/s. From memory, El Pres has handed out some examples and I believe I did have one. Yes, it was fantastic...but I might have confused the upcoming nudie's with the La Puntilla custom!

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

@Wertman, I will be picking these up when they are publicly available and I will provide a review/s. From memory, El Pres has handed out some examples and I believe I did have one. Yes, it was fantastic...but I might have confused the upcoming nudie's with the La Puntilla custom!

Pretty sure you had a La Puntilla, not one of the Nudies. If you are thinking of the custom that Rob gave you when Iain was here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wertman said:

@Elpresidente I do have one question a while back some members posted some reviews about customs they were given by you. Are these of the final blends?  If so could you repost a consolidate?  If not could there be any previews say by @JohnS he’s a great reviewer.  Or maybe by the King himself @Ken Gargett

If Ken reviews it chances are it will have draw issues and won’t burn right.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Pretty sure you had a La Puntilla, not one of the Nudies. If you are thinking of the custom that Rob gave you when Iain was here.

Yep, that's what I thought. Cheers! Okay, well that La Puntilla was very good! 😉

Now that we're well into September, any release updates? :mob:

Presales: End of month....first week of October. 

Delivery (to you) November.

I get back from OS 30th of the month.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Presales: End of month....first week of October. 

Delivery (to you) November.

I get back from OS 30th of the month.

CAN'T WAIT, ROB!

Will these be ready to burn or will they need some time down? 

Always rest cigars that have been in transit. However, I tried very fresh samples last year (less than 2 months old), and was blown away by the flavour. They would benefit from aging, but are still great ROTT. Then again, these are the production blends, so YMMV.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 2:23 AM, Ken Gargett said:

wertman! you have just guaranteed yourself ten years of plugged sticks from rob - or perhaps he'll do the dodgy thing he does to mine so they look like they can't be lit properly!! 

Or sit on them for the very special box press :P hahaha

I have to say that I am GREATLY looking forward to these. 

As mentioned by some, I will be stocking as many as I can of the Nudies #1 and #3. 

However, as discussed with fellow Syd FOHers, I was hoping if a future nudies will be:

- a DC - along the favours of a bastard child from HdC DC, RAG and Lusi

- copy of HdM DDs - cause I miss those cream puffs of a smoke

• Like 1

Great news and great business idea! I love it. With the world going in the the other direction it is great to see those who are brave enough to cross the grain. I will gladly support it. I am excited to try some for sure.