What is required for "Support for the Cuban People"?

Ryan

1 hour ago, Chas.Alpha said:

Be it far from me to argue with the experts, but...

I was back in Havana for my 2nd trip of the year in October.

Zero, zip, nada. Check the box on your VISA, then enjoy your trip!

My friend Margot just got back last weekend with her boyfriend.

Zero problemos.

Chas. you are right, that has been my experience with Cuba travel every time before--uneventful and easy upon returning. This was specifically about global entry interview which is for a 5-year expedited status for customs when returning to US airports from just about anywhere. So i can understand if they want to be tighter, but they should just come out and ask--how does your travel fit into category 8? And if it does, it does. 

Jerry they asked me to provide that "letter", and I didn't do that because I felt no matter what I gave them they were taking a closed mind approach...so I hope my application for Global Entry is just denied and goes away for a while, and I can go back to regular re-entry without any trouble...we shall see! Yes my advice is be prepared for your interview. Everyone else I know has said their Global Entry interviews were quick and easy. May yours be.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, DSegal said:

Chas. you are right, that has been my experience with Cuba travel every time before--uneventful and easy upon returning. This was specifically about global entry interview which is for a 5-year expedited status for customs when returning to US airports from just about anywhere. So i can understand if they want to be tighter, but they should just come out and ask--how does your travel fit into category 8? And if it does, it does. 

I missed that part! I’ve been answering the same question (weekly) for the last couple of years, all borne of fear of the unknown. I’ve been to Havana 5 times in the last two years and have never been as much as slowed down coming back into the US.

I was a bit nervous bringing back this bunch in October... ?

F687AF5A-6AF5-47ED-A3B3-17FC20170881.jpeg

• Like 1