Hoyo epicure 2 SLE16, bad box?

So this is my second or third hoyo epicure 2 from that 2016 box and I don’t understand. Wrapper is light brown, construction is great, draw is perfect but flavors are not there at all. No cream, no chocolate, no tea nothing, just an underlying ashy taste. I had some good ones before. Is epicure 2 usually consistent? Anyone have anything to say on SLE box codes? Does 2016 was a good year for hoyos? I read that those were usually great even young? Any input?

50 minutes ago, vink said:

So this is my second or third hoyo epicure 2 from that 2016 box and I don’t understand. Wrapper is light brown, construction is great, draw is perfect but flavors are not there at all. No cream, no chocolate, no tea nothing, just an underlying ashy taste. I had some good ones before. Is epicure 2 usually consistant? Anyone have anything to say on SLE box codes? Does 2016 was a good year for hoyos? I read that those were usually great even young? Any input?

I'v had the same experience from a box of Epi 2's with a box code of EOS Feb 18, although with the addition of a tight draw. 

1 hour ago, nKostyan said:

Did you buy cigars from a reliable source? Photo desirable...

Yeah bought from a reputable source but not here.

13 minutes ago, Bri Fi said:

What’s your rh set at? 

RH is at 65% and I let it dry box for 48h 

I'm currently 7 cigars in to a 2015 box. The last 2 were uninspiring to say the least, but the first 5 were stellar! I don't know, I guess I just put it down to the vagaries of an organic, hand made product, all part of the intrigue of Cuban cigars. I also sometimes wonder if subtle day to day fluctuations in physiology, such as the body's Ph, can play a small but significant enough part in how we taste the nuance of a cigar on any given day, although I suspect that might well be an overstretch of thinking with my RN's head on.

One thing I do know about Epi 2 is they do really well with age. Maybe park them for a couple of years and go back to them