Peter James Cases

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They do beautiful  work    https://www.forbes.com/sites/gclaywhittaker/2019/07/24/the-cigar-lovers-cigar-case/#324fb01b2b0a

I finally broke down and got one. Resisted for a while but tripped on some found money and viola. The one you see below is the black and green limited edition one. There's a photo with a clear shot of

I received my Peter James Koral Aficionado Cigar Case!!!! i absolutely love the detail and craftsmanship of it   The case is so beautiful ( love the burnt orange and rich brown color combina

Beautiful but I could never justify the price - 2 boxes of good sticks. I'm much more of an industrial carry case guy over a beauty man.

yes, they make beautiful cases. There is no denying that. But the case is very expensive and also is very flimsy. Meaning if you drop the case and it does not have the "guardian" there is a good chance your sticks would be damaged. Or lets say you don't drop it and someone places something on top of your case. Same effect.

Take a look at project carbon cases. Cheaper, more durable. And also provide a bit more protection  

• Like 2

These cases look fantastic. I’ve been trying to find one for a while now but can’t find anywhere that stocks them in the UK and they didn’t respond to my emails about international shipping. Still looking though! 

1 hour ago, Eric05 said:

yes, they make beautiful cases. There is no denying that. But the case is very expensive and also is very flimsy. Meaning if you drop the case and it does not have the "guardian" there is a good chance your sticks would be damaged. Or lets say you don't drop it and someone places something on top of your case. Same effect.

Take a look at project carbon cases. Cheaper, more durable. And also provide a bit more protection  

Agreed, but they are very bulky and of course don't have the feel of nice leather. 

All PJ cases come with the guardian now since the second gen. 

• Like 1

I have been thinking about getting one for awhile but can't justify the price.

If I had my choice of which case it would be the Koral Aficionado Case that you have pictured.

I love the burned orange and rich brown combination of colors.

I love mine. I’ve had it a few years and would buy another if I was to lose it (not planning to)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone give us a little more background/pictures on the "guardian"?  I am interested in getting this but everyone has been saying the protection factor is lacking.

1 hour ago, mt1 said:

Can someone give us a little more background/pictures on the "guardian"?  I am interested in getting this but everyone has been saying the protection factor is lacking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The quality of the leather is great, will be a fantastic patina with age.

Mine gifted by gents @Sunsmoke and @Joshtupps upon the birth of my son - outstanding gesture.

I try to use it as much as I can, always get compliments.

Can vouch for stick damage every now and again when I cram in too many (I think I managed 15 once!)  - without doubt nothing beats the plastic Xikar/Cigar Caddy for ultimate protection. I don't have the Guardian thing - prob a good idea however would then limit stick count.

• Like 3

With mine right from the start I never put my cigars directly in the pouch built into the case. I use a nice leather cigar 4 finger case and it works great. Other option is tubes. For me the metal insert isn’t needed.

• Like 1

Just now, Lotusguy said:

I’m sorry, but you pay $250+ for a case and then you still have to protect the cigars separately?

No. All PJ cases since ver 2 have come with the guardian included. 

I have both ver 1 & 2 and I've never managed to crush a cigar. The risk is overstated IMO. 

• Like 1

No. All PJ cases since ver 2 have come with the guardian included. 
I have both ver 1 & 2 and I've never managed to crush a cigar. The risk is overstated IMO. 

Well, the three posters prior to me seem to disagree with that.

Anyway. Enjoy your cases. I can’t justify my LV wallet rationally either ;)

5 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Well, the three posters prior to me seem to disagree with that.

Anyway. Enjoy your cases. I can’t justify my LV wallet rationally either ;)

I could only assume they have ver 1 cases, because as I stated, all ver 2 cases come with the guardian. 

I have version one and I already had the finger case. I like the fact I can take it out when I’m traveling if I don’t need to carry the PJ case and can leave it in the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, Gamehawker said:

I have been thinking about getting one for awhile but can't justify the price.

If I had my choice of which case it would be the Koral Aficionado Case that you have pictured.

I love the burned orange and rich brown combinations of colors.

Woo Hoo,

I just found out that my wife and my mother are buying me for my Birthday the Koral Aficionado Case that I have been looking at! ?

https://www.peterjames.ca/collections/cigar-aficionado-cases/products/coral-aficionado-case

Brown-1_1024x1024.jpg

• Like 2