Humidor builders: Question

BuzzArd

I have a large cabinet I’m converting.  I don’t wish to go to the expense of lining the interior sides and back with 1/4” Spanish Cedar.  My local woodworkers source has 1/8” plywood veneer sheets of red oak and I’m wondering if anyone has used that on a humidor interior.   Basically I’m just looking for an interior color change and I’ll make three shelves of 4/4 Spanish Cedar. 

Any reason red oak would NOT be a good choice?    I’m definitely avoiding aromatic cedar....

Edit:  Red birch is also an option in 1/8”  but looks like everything else is 1/4” ply or MDF backed.  They DO have 1/4” veneer sheets in many different woods i.e. maple, birch etc, but I was hoping to take up as little room as possible in the interior. 

From some searching online it seems that you want to do Spanish Cedar, red oak is prone to warping and moving a lot. 

"As you know by now, cedar is by far the best wood you can choose to line your cigar humidor. It does an excellent job at insulating temperatures and humidity, and can easily last you for many years as long as you maintain it properly. The only drawback is the price. A Spanish cedar cigar humidor is going to be expensive.

Though not as effective, American red cedar and Honduran mahogany are also quality woods for a cigar humidor, mainly because they do a good job absorbing humidity and don’t cost as much as Spanish cedar models.

Then you have other less prominent wood types like maple, oak, and cherry. While they aren’t as common, they can still get the job done to some degree, and are the most cost efficient options to consider." - From NewAir

8 hours ago, Hadroxity said:

From some searching online it seems that you want to do Spanish Cedar, red oak is prone to warping and moving a lot. 

"As you know by now, cedar is by far the best wood you can choose to line your cigar humidor. It does an excellent job at insulating temperatures and humidity, and can easily last you for many years as long as you maintain it properly. The only drawback is the price. A Spanish cedar cigar humidor is going to be expensive.

Though not as effective, American red cedar and Honduran mahogany are also quality woods for a cigar humidor, mainly because they do a good job absorbing humidity and don’t cost as much as Spanish cedar models.

Then you have other less prominent wood types like maple, oak, and cherry. While they aren’t as common, they can still get the job done to some degree, and are the most cost efficient options to consider." - From NewAir

A 1/8” veneer plywood shouldnt warp or move.

I ultimately ended up finding the veneer section. Picked some nice clear maple for the sides, back and ceiling.