Your best cigar experience of July 2019 ?

The aged corona that Chris gave Ken and I to smoke last Saturday was the best cigar of the month. I won't reveal it today as it is the subject of a blind tasting video review up next week. :D

Close behind was a 2007 Juan Lopez Seleccion Number 2 from my little personal stash of JLS2.  These were immensely powerful when they came out and have settled into a medium bodied gem of a cigar that is all cake and citrus/confectionary.  they "turned" 4 years ago and I have been dipping in regularly ever since. Aged JLS2. if you see 5 + year old boxes on FOHauctions, keep them in mind. 

Your best cigar experience of July 19?

• Like 1

SLR Marquez per the HBTF review - fantastic!

• Like 1

Last week, it was the first time I tried Connie B.  So far the first few out of the box have been amazing.

And last night, cracked open a RA Grandes from 2008.  Excellent flavors, draw, constrction, etc.

Definitely had some great cigars in July but the custom Cuban Hamlet was the best of the month. No contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*A Juan Lopez Seleccion 1, aging from being gotten from the Czar sometime, I think, in 2017? It was EXQUISITE!!! 

Best Cigar of the Month?  I have to agree with El Prez - The blind Corona we had tops it for me.  Those are always spot on for me, but this one nailed the richness of the blend just a bit more than usual.  Must have been the extra aging they got from 6 months at sea! :D

Best Cigar Experience of the Month? Mag 50 on the beach along the Gold Coast.  Perfect setting for enjoyment of a great cigar (one that reminded me how great a Mag 50 can be, not having had one in years), great company and conversation, a nip of Cuban Rum to balance the cigar - Fantastic.  Can't top it, for me.  Thanks again Rob!

2 hours ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Last night's RyJ Capuletos EL 2016 SOM NOV 16 was the standout of July. Cherry, dark chocolate, and sweet cedar all rolled into one, just a treat from start to finish. 

That's is great to hear :clap:

They were bagged by many but I agree with your tasting notes. Spectacular. 

• Like 1

I have an ETP MAY 16 box of RASCC I just can't keep my grubby little paws off of. Smoked 5 this month, and everyone just perfect. Honorable mention to the LGC Espana, which smoked well beyond it's age imho.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, cigcars said:

*A Juan Lopez Seleccion 1, aging from being gotten from the Czar sometime, I think, in 2017? It was EXQUISITE!!! 

It would be the same for me, a JL 1 I picked up from here as a single so no idea of the date.  A really great smoke.

• Like 1

Hearing “you have yourself a box” on multiple occasions was the collective highlight in July.  

VR Unicos MEG ABR 16 and DIP 2 TOS DIC 16 were my standouts. 

I keep hoping to have a magic moment with any Upmann but alas, it escapes me. All were young and likely too high RH from what more experienced smokers are suggesting.  Upmann, please wow me in August. 

BBF from a 2018 6 pack.  It was the first and every day since then I've wanted to light up the other 5.  Very close behind is a Monte 5 EPM ENE 18. That PSP box just continues to deliver in what's quickly becoming my preferred vitola. 

BRE JUN 18 H. Upmann Connoisseur A had to be the best cigar I had in July. Rich, sweet, decadent.

Bested some notables like a La Trova, CORO, VR Unicos, Diplomaticos #2, Monte #2.

• Like 1

Was a great month of smoking for me .

Standouts Reynaldo short fatty loved it and his Robusto size was my last of these and the best cigar of the year so far . Silky smooth wrapper, construction amazing ... citris leather spiced creamy goodness 

2011 HQ Genios cant stop

2015 PSP San Juan cant stop them calling me out 

20190705_191441.thumb.jpg.be2ee1ebb4d59d01b0c48bc5fcd00c4d.jpg

20190713_184926.thumb.jpg.083f0bc0b7ccfe0d2bcd8680b00b734c.jpg20190726_184515.thumb.jpg.bfba06a5a89d2d67ef0fd77fad6f93ee.jpg20190712_194115.thumb.jpg.a0966a7abecd945ed9d33db598f36660.jpg

• Like 1

Working on one of Rob’s ULA JUL 14 BPCs that’s an early contender for August- setting the bar high. My only problem with these is that the wrappers are so oily and leathery that they’ve all resisted burning.

Definitely the CoLa from a few weeks ago. It was a cigar that reset the bar and reminded me what a great experience a CC can be. It was a gift single and I can only estimate the age at 2014. The only reason I pulled it was because the El Prez video where he talked Brunettes up, and I got a thing for that. Now I got a thing for those. BTW  it was the cigar of last decade, since I had a very long period of NO tobacco. Cheers