Your best cigar experience of July 2019 ?

Slow month for cigars for me. UME AGO 14 CORO. I've had better but this one was pretty good .

9 hours ago, nKostyan said:

SLE Ago 15
9282c6bf668bca244add825276785139.jpg
Very noble, complex rounded taste. I always thought it is a mongrel... I wish I had tried them before.

Must agree, a totally different cigar than it was 2 years ago!

20190802_104809.thumb.jpg.574aab0d83456e706d866d35d432afcf.jpgBut the best of July was an OBM June 2016 Lusi! Outstanding

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Most of the CCs I had in July were so-so. La Trova, Connie B, and QdO Capitolo were too young to really shine. A '17 BBF was a little rough. Monsdale was OK. Had a '14 JLPC that I usually really enjoy, but this one was plugged. So I'd say the best experience I had last month was an NC - the Casdagli Daughters of the Wind Dahman. 

IMG_20190710_215515.thumb.jpg.d476b2597298697f53b5ad7a9fe09200.jpg

Guest Nekhyludov
25 minutes ago, PabloJr said:

My top 2, both were NC but delicious nonetheless. Couldn't decide between them.

That Basilica C#1 Toro is a fantastic cigar. It was high on my list for the month, too. 

Either a MSU dic 18 QdO Coronas claro or a '17 Siglo III. The Siglo was an ugly specimen but it had a delicious cream/honey interplay that I am now lusting after. The QdO is just an explosion of citrus and honey that morphs into rich cake. 

I also had a 2007 Trini LE that was very good, but I was running off very little sleep (binge salmon fishing 3 days in a row), battling an ulcer and just trying to stay awake so I didnt get full enjoyment out of it!

For me it was a tie between a CoRo and a SW. The CoRo was from the 2018 Christmas sampler, it was honey sweet and just sensational. The SW was from a fiver of 2003s I picked up a while back, very gingerbread and cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally had a chance to smoke an H.Upmann Connie B from a 1/4 box I bought from a 24:24. 

I has very low expectations because I do not usually smoke a cigar with this little age on it “UBM ENE 19” but I was pleasantly surprised that it was really good. 

1A4BEEF5-35AE-4C84-9B93-A074D4EF2565.jpeg

I'm not a R&J enthusiast, so to my utter amazement my cigar of the year so far has been the R&J Wide Churchill, specifically from a LUB SEP 14 box which Rob rated at PSP.  His notes at time of sale:

This was one of the great mastercases of the last few years (any cigar). Beyond perfection if it were possible. Sweet lilting flavours of toasted tobacco, cherries, anise. Medium bodied, fully satisfying. Love the flavour profile. Love the construction and the Rosado wrappers are simply a work of art.

At this age, they have been amazing - every single example from this glorious box.  Wish I'd bought the whole mastercase!

• Like 3

Partagas Coronas Junior Tubos ULA '14 (forget the month on the box stamp). Such a nice open draw and beautiful Partagas flavors, 5 years seems like perfect age for these. 2nd was a box of VR Unicos MUS ABR 18. Sweet burnt sugar and caramel, perfect draw and the length means you don't immediately want to light up another one...or maybe you do. BEST RECEIVED IN JULY but have not smoked yet: Punch La Lisa ER Cuba, RAG JUL 18. What a gorgeous little box of 10, just got these a week ago. Trying to show some will power...

I finally had a chance to smoke an H.Upmann Connie B from a 1/4 box I bought from a 24:24. 
I has very low expectations because I do not usually smoke a cigar with this little age on it “UBM ENE 19” but I was pleasantly surprised that it was really good. 
1A4BEEF5-35AE-4C84-9B93-A074D4EF2565.thumb.jpeg.2b475041208fd40bc67a757a61470472.jpeg
[/quote

That’s a very nice Palio Cutter. Could you guide me in the right direction of where I could find it to buy?

Thanks and best regards
Lars

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

It's a toss up between a HdM Petit Robusto earlier in the month or the HdM Du Maire I reviewed for the weekend comp. Enjoyed both plenty but it does pose a question... which one to stock in the humidor? They are both a similar ish smoke time and price. Currently leaning towards the Petit Robusto which seems a slightly better smoke to me. But it's a close run thing.