2019 FOH BLIND TASTING CIGAR NUMBER 1

Damn good cigar despite some tight draw caused by a plug just south of the band. Tons of flavour that I don't have to search for. Though the flavours come easy I find myself smoking it fast as I do search for clues as to what it is. I'm getting alot of the above mentioned sweet cream and a little harshness followed by a very smooth savory second third. The flavours are unlike any of the 4 marcas I have tried in the pyramid format so I'm really in trouble lol. 

I find myself even more confused as people comment that there are 5 possibilities where I count at least 6 ??? clearly I'm missing something lol 

Can't wait to find out what it is as I'm likely to pick some up to sit on.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never tasted a vegan. What are they like? I guess not meaty, not dairy, with a touch of yoga or pilates? ?

The good thing is no matter what strategies and techniques try,  it wont help your chances

Yes, it’s one of 5 possible cigars ?

Damn good cigar despite some tight draw caused by a plug just south of the band. Tons of flavour that I don't have to search for. Though the flavours come easy I find myself smoking it fast as I do search for clues as to what it is. I'm getting alot of the above mentioned sweet cream and a little harshness followed by a very smooth savory second third. The flavours are unlike any of the 4 marcas I have tried in the pyramid format so I'm really in trouble lol. 
I find myself even more confused as people comment that there are 5 possibilities where I count at least 6 clearly I'm missing something lol 
Can't wait to find out what it is as I'm likely to pick some up to sit on.
Monte, parti, dip, vr, and hu are all that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Monte, parti, dip, vr, and hu are all that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Double checked and I was a little off on some sizing lol

I enjoyed mine. I think I know what it is, which means I have no idea. Smoked it on the golf course at the air force academy on the back nine. Should have brought two. Shot 43 on the front and started drilling the greens as soon as I fired this puppy up for a salvageable 79 overall. 

• Like 1

Well, just coming to the end of it now. This is about the ‘twangiest’ cigar I’ve ever smoked. Of the five pyramides I’ve only smoked one! So I really had to do this by ‘marca characteristics’. Tried to think about what it’s not... and for my palate it’s not particularly chocolatey, or nutty, or exotic. What it does have in spades is a pleasantly sour and vegetal sweet character. Pastry? Not really. Maybe a touch of fresh bread. Cream? Hmm maybe a bit, but not strongly. Medium bodied, but it feels somewhat aged, no pepper, so maybe it has mellowed. Did I like it? Yes I did. 

• Thanks 1

Wow I waited longer than I planned to smoke this one.  Draw was very open about the limit I would like in a cigar.  Got a little creme and vegetal at the first third.   2nd third got into sourdough, green pepper and a little cedar.  FInal third more of the same but got very strong at the end adding a ton a black pepper.   I could definitely smoke many more of these.  I would give it a 93.  Had to do 3 or 4 minor touchups.

918587787_blindtasting1.thumb.jpg.a7ae694ecc549e90d4a314e57eb68c25.jpg

15 minutes ago, BeerPimp said:

Wow I waited longer than I planned to smoke this one.  Draw was very open about the limit I would like in a cigar.  Got a little creme and vegetal at the first third.   2nd third got into sourdough, green pepper and a little cedar.  FInal third more of the same but got very strong at the end adding a ton a black pepper.   I could definitely smoke many more of these.  I would give it a 93.  Had to do 3 or 4 minor touchups.

918587787_blindtasting1.thumb.jpg.a7ae694ecc549e90d4a314e57eb68c25.jpg

Thanks for the review, I think we all know now what it is, hehe

7 minutes ago, nKostyan said:

I'm still torn between two brands...emoji848.png

....Which has me worried my sure bet may be wrong. I have a secondary choice in the back of my mind...the only one of the 5 I’ve never smoked. 

10 hours ago, Islandboy said:

El Prez is a sneaky bastard. The suspense is setting in. 

? I’m not even a part of the blind testing, unfortunately I might add, but after having read all you reviews I’m very curious as to which cigar it might be.

1 hour ago, RDB said:

Remind me, do we get the reveals one by one as we go along? Or all together at the end. Please the former! Five times as much fun.

It would be more fun...but then it would also help us with the next cigars via process of elimination. 

2 hours ago, RDB said:

Remind me, do we get the reveals one by one as we go along? Or all together at the end. Please the former! Five times as much fun.

One by one, based on previous years practice. First reveal should be coming up soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, MigsG said:

help us with the next cigars via process of elimination. 

That's assuming Prez doesn't trick us by putting 2 of the exact same cigars in the bunch (1&4)! Few years difference in age to throw all of us off ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here’s my (admittedly unrefined palate) take on it:

First 3rd: Leather and sour cream, stronger flavor

Second 3rd: started to mellow out, saline/salty flavor

Last 3rd: Distinct hazelnut flavor came through

I enjoyed it quite a bit, if I guessed it right, I’m pretty excited because I got a six pack of the same cigar a little while back on 24:24

• Like 1

Well I was thinking blind tasting so eyes closed, blindfold , hood and then they show up with numbers?. You know it would have been much easier if the labels would have been left on ?....

This is pretty much a one for one with a recent pyramid smoke except for all the tiny littl nuances that are throwing me off.  Rather than over analyze I gotta go with my gut.  A bit woody, some black and white pepper from time to time, a little dry in the second half, some bready and bbq spice notes.  Unfortunately I've tasted all this in all 5 options.  We shall see

20190929_190824.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Riverstyx said:

Am I correct in my counting - there are 8 regular production Robustos?

I can only think of 7...

CoRo

JLo2

HdM Epi 2

Monte open master

RASS

Party D4

Boli RC

What was your No. 8? Did I miss one?