Where we are headed with all this gender nonsense

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unsolicited soap box long rant time! Go easy on washing eachothers balls fellas.  I understand that the majority opinion in most societies is that boys are boys and girls are girls.  It's simple

I have no idea how to be "gender neutral". Not having been brought up in that manner, I am clueless.  I hate where we are headed as a society on this issue.  Then again, I hate the rednecks who u

LOL, here's another.  Couldn't resist!  I used the line "I think it's wrong to force gender specification on them ..." on my sister when she recently revealed she was having a boy.  

https://southpark.cc.com/clips/8qnxd9/the-most-pc-babies 

• Like 1

We are headed to crazy town on the crazy train! We don't need logic or science to explain any of this just leave your brain with the progressives & jump on the PC train. 

29 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I have no idea how to be "gender neutral". Not having been brought up in that manner, I am clueless.  I hate where we are headed as a society on this issue. 

Then again, I hate the rednecks who use this as a convenient soapbox for their misogynistic rants as much as i hate the left wing feminazi's who insist on bending society to their twisted moral compass. 

Facebook now lists 58 gender options for you to identify with, absolute insanity.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

No. They don't.

There are 3 options. Male, Female and Custom. Custom allows you to type whatever you are currently identifying with. 

I completely agree with the sentiment of the thread. Creating a million different "genders" and pushing them on your 4 year old children isn't good for society. Just like repeating non sense you read on some extremist website isn't either. 

ABC news found there were 58 different genders that people identified with on facebook. The custom option is where they found the list. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, db13 said:

What people do is their own business, also I believe in gay rights and sure let them marry... But the gender fluid thing and gender spectrum is completely insane and going too far imho. This is where the liberals lose me.

to me, this is where the conservatives make a huge error (and i am not aiming this at the states but rather as a general comment to all conservative parties around the world). getting involved in fights about using which bathrooms or same sex marriage or a number of other issues really are not that big of a deal - as is shown when they are eventually passed.

instead of turning everything into a war, if the conservatives simply said, well, we don't agree but go ahead if you must, it takes all the wind out of the left liberals. don't leave them these issues to fight about. then they have to find other, more extreme causes and they look far more like dills than they do if seen to be fighting for rights (this is obviously very much a generalisation).

the other thing it does, is it makes it much more likely that people in the centre will feel far less threatened by conservatives and hence more likely to vote for them. sure, the cost is a few minor issues, but the rewards, as i see them, far outweight this. but this probably explains why i could never be a politician. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bayala said:

I can imagine jokes / views similar to those made above were expressed about homosexuals in the past (and still are). Now the western world has come a long way in advancing the rights of that section of society and the attitudes held towards them. 

Regarding gender identity and fluidity, I think society will become more accepting over time. I think it's easy to judge and joke until you experience this through someone close to you ie. friend, family member etc. Then you understand that at the end of the day we're all human. Regardless of x, y and z we all deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. 

✌️

ben, have a look at the old monty python shows. not that long ago. still considered comedy classics, a team which changed comedy, etc etc. and yet they often used black face. women are treated with near contempt and are clearly good for two things - sex or to be ridiculed. and they are extremely homophobic. someone doing this stuff today would probably be charged. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

ben, have a look at the old monty python shows. not that long ago. still considered comedy classics, a team which changed comedy, etc etc. and yet they often used black face. women are treated with near contempt and are clearly good for two things - sex or to be ridiculed. and they are extremely homophobic. someone doing this stuff today would probably be charged. 

100% Ken. I've noticed a big change in the last 10-12 years (my high school years to now).

• Like 2