Where we are headed with all this gender nonsense

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unsolicited soap box long rant time! Go easy on washing eachothers balls fellas.  I understand that the majority opinion in most societies is that boys are boys and girls are girls.  It's simple

I have no idea how to be "gender neutral". Not having been brought up in that manner, I am clueless.  I hate where we are headed as a society on this issue.  Then again, I hate the rednecks who u

To be honest, I’ve always hated the term malnutrition.  

How dare people imply us males cause nutritional defencency issues!  

We need to change this too.  

My biggest concern is where our race and our societies go from here. With family, gender and interpersonal relationships definitions devolving on a daily basis, confidence, values and moral boundaries are disappearing. Conversations of any kind are now difficult, rules and laws become gray areas with decisions made to fulfill identity positions. Work ethic, solving problems, he'll maneuvering life period is difficult unless you have a comfort animal. Throw in technology and the ability to avoid personal contact af any kind and we create all kinds of problems which manifest in all sorts of destructive ways. We are unraveling as a race and finding new and better ways to avoid dealing with it. We are creating identity camps where disagreement with their views is unacceptable creating more hate and intolerance. Well there's my rant, and no I don't have any answers and worse I dont see us discussing the issue only our differences which are much less than our similarities. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TBird55 said:

To me boology dictates that a man is a male, and a woman is a female, period end of debate. 

Yeah that's pretty much all us but it's still just a silly classification and is not some downfall of society.

I think the it is more of teenage rebellion thing... based on conforming to the rules that you're expected to be to be a lady, or to be a man (it is mostly women falling in this category). Like an "F You" for expectations. honestly any 20+ person in these weird identities is a super small population. "Its a phase", just like hippies, dudes wearing Daisy dukes, head bangers, gangster rappers, goths, mullets, hipsters etc....

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, GWG said:

My biggest concern is where our race and our societies go from here. With family, gender and interpersonal relationships definitions devolving on a daily basis, confidence, values and moral boundaries are disappearing. 

Good post. 

I am coming around to seeing it as society in an ongoing transition. 

serfs, slavery, capitalism, communism, industrialisation, suffragettes, abolitionism, a couple of world wars, indigenous voting/rights, abortion rights, some more wars in Asia, self inflicted destruction of the church, sexual liberation, the diminution of personal responsibility, some more wars in the middle east, women in the workforce. terrorism,  internet,  social media, the throwing out of pure capitalism (the introduction of too big to fail),  the delineation of left/right politics, gender definitions and realignment

It all seems like it is going along swimmingly.  If you can let us know of a "normal" period of history....throw it out there :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

It all seems like it is going along swimmingly.  If you can let us know of a "normal" period of history....throw it out there :D

The Miocene period?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Good post. 

I am coming around to seeing it as society in an ongoing transition. 

serfs, slavery, capitalism, communism, industrialisation, suffragettes, abolitionism, a couple of world wars, indigenous voting/rights, abortion rights, some more wars in Asia, self inflicted destruction of the church, sexual liberation, the diminution of personal responsibility, some more wars in the middle east, women in the workforce. terrorism,  internet,  social media, the throwing out of pure capitalism (the introduction of too big to fail),  the delineation of left/right politics, gender definitions and realignment

Life is a tragedy and to think otherwise is naivety. The problem is we seek the expedient answers to our plights which adds to the chaos. Add 24/7 news cycles, biased scientific reports and social media to the mix...?

16 hours ago, JamesKPolkEsq said:

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-well-being-of-transgender-people/

This does not follow from the current meta research - see the above link. 

"We identified 56 studies that consist of primary research on this topic, of which 52 (93%) found that gender transition improves the overall well-being of transgender people, while 4 (7%) report mixed or null findings"

Interesting. Thank you for sharing, I'll have to go through the reports. I've gone throw a few of these already in the past and have seen fatal flaws in the studies such as only following the subjects for 1 year after their surgery, having a small sample size, having a cherry picked sample size and basing their findings on polls and questionnaires instead of objective scientific data such as mortality rates. How the studies are done are of great importance and often time those performing the study or those going through a collection of studies don't have an objective mind frame.

I really don't concern myself with any of it. Whatever, or whoever you want to be is ok in my book as long as you are happy. The way I see things, your lifestyle has no bearing on mine. It may not be your cup of tea, but who are you to criticize?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BarryVT said:

I really don't concern myself with any of it. Whatever, or whoever you want to be is ok in my book as long as you are happy. The way I see things, your lifestyle has no bearing on mine. It may not be your cup of tea, but who are you to criticize?

Yes, live and let live. Happiness is key!

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 9:11 PM, TBird55 said:

To me boology dictates that a man is a male, and a woman is a female, period end of debate. 

So what if you're born with both bits (dick and balls, plus foo-foo and ovaries?) are you male or female? None? Both? Oh wait, so that's 3 yeah?  What about no genitals at all? 4? Do they have XX or XY chromosomes, or something else? There are humans with XYY and YY. Hmm. What about dick, no balls, but ovaries? 5? Ovaries, balls but no foo-foo? 6? How many more can we find? It's definitely not binary any more is it?

And Sex is not gender. Gender is about identity. Sex is about biology. 

If there are many biological possibilities, how many identities can we identify?

Don't sweat it. If a friend feels like Brad Pitt on a Monday but wants to identify as Marilyn Monroe on Saturdays...f@#£ it, ...Why not? Each to their own. 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 7:51 PM, El Presidente said:

Then again, I hate the rednecks who use this as a convenient soapbox for their misogynistic rants, as much as I hate the left wing feminazi's who insist on bending society to their twisted moral compass. 

I imagine this as the political equivalent of “gender confused” ?

3 hours ago, Andy04 said:

Thankfully the world still has rational people like Ben Shapiro & Jordan Peterson. 

Many choose to hate them, but to me their thoughts are spot on. 

I would argue that Jordan Peterson is a well researched, talented person of a centre right learning.   You can find people equally as impressive as him who are slap bang in the middle of political thought, and also centre left etc.    But I'm sorry, Ben Shapiro is an absolute nincompoop (in my opinion) this was made abundantly clear when he got torn to pieces by Andrew Neil (a real intellectual/political heavyweight). 

Not looking to argue, as I don't think we will agree.    Just wanted to say, that regardless of what political leaning you are, Jordan Peterson deserves merit, where as Ben Shapiro is just the right wing version, of left wing fanatics that you probably dislike. Neither of which, is any use to anyone. Just like CNN and FOX are equally useless as being the arbiters of fact, it's just noise. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, GavLew79 said:

So what if you're born with both bits (dick and balls, plus foo-foo and ovaries?) are you male or female? None? Both? Oh wait, so that's 3 yeah?  What about no genitals at all? 4? Do they have XX or XY chromosomes, or something else? There are humans with XYY and YY. Hmm. What about dick, no balls, but ovaries? 5? Ovaries, balls but no foo-foo? 6? How many more can we find? It's definitely not binary any more is it?

And Sex is not gender. Gender is about identity. Sex is about biology. 

If there are many biological possibilities, how many identities can we identify?

Don't sweat it. If a friend feels like Brad Pitt on a Monday but wants to identify as Marilyn Monroe on Saturdays...f@#£ it, ...Why not? Each to their own. 

Rarely, if ever, does someone contribute to an exchange of opinions on a topic that I’ve never heard before and that allows me to see the argument from a new perspective.  This was one of those moments.  Thank you, @GavLew79

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cmbarton said:

Rarely, if ever, does someone contribute to an exchange of opinions on a topic that I’ve never heard before and that allows me to see the argument from a new perspective.  This was one of those moments.  Thank you, @GavLew79

Ha ha. Thanks chief. My wife lectures on all of this stuff so really I'm just regurgitating what she's drummed into me...but in my own words. She wouldn't use 'foo-foo'! Lol. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GavLew79 said:

Ha ha. Thanks chief. My wife lectures on all of this stuff so really I'm just regurgitating what she's drummed into me...but in my own words. She wouldn't use 'foo-foo'! Lol. ?

Women are good at drumming things into the male brain. (If we identify that way) ?