Video Review - Corona Blind Tasting - August 19

MoeFOH

not sure if you guys have enough liquor there!!!

And I completely agree about coronas. Perfect sized vitola imo. I seem to gravitate towards that 42 ring gauge more than anything else. 

• Like 2

That begs the question, why doesn't the corona get more play? Is the Monte 3 a quality production? What about the Upmann coronas major? Any others?

Always fun to test the palette with a blind tasting, glad we got to witness experts in how to break down the flavours and match it certain brands but also the difficulty in differentiating between aged and very aged cigars...

Now to hunt down a box of those Coronas!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

great fun. thanks Chris. welcome anytime. 

Cheers Ken! Greatly enjoyed our time together, and I will take you up on that offer if/when i can ever get back, thanks so much!  If you're ever over to the West Coast, please drop me a line so I can repay the hospitality.

These reviews were an honour and lot of fun, thanks for the opportunity!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, juri said:

second in a row both great videos hope you did at least 1 more and they gave you some nice parting gifts :) 

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it!  We did two reviews and they were an absolute pleasure. 

Spending time chatting with good people and getting to know them better, making a connection - such an experience is worth more than any gift anyone can give you.  I've done a lot of sailing, a lot of port visits and a lot of opportunities to meet new friends, old friends.....and what i remember above all else is the times spent with the people I've met. Half the time I don't even remember the cigar I smoked with people, but i'll remember the conversations we had.  That's the beauty of this community!

I was happy to bring the cigars and the whisky, and I'd gladly do it again! Rob and Ken were both fantastic and generous hosts to me that weekend, I could never ask for anything more. :cigar:

• Thanks 1

Great video and well done Ken for getting that right.  Great whiskies as well.  Snow Phoenix is a nice bottle and one you don't see very often.

Great job guys...

I get a lot of grief for bagging on Tabacuba... this is why I do it. When one could buy the best cigar tastes from Cuba for about 5 buck, and now a second rate smoke costs you $15, I think the bagging is well justified!!!

A Coronas is a perfect cigar. Every line of Cuban cigar should have a representative Coronas. 

-Piggy

• Like 2