Love only from you

What’s a cigar that you personally like or perhaps it’s your go to cigar but you don’t see others talk about it much? For me it’s the Romeo Belicoso.  I’m not sure if I just have a thing for Romeos as a brand (I do) or that I like a fuller flavored cigar and simply like the Belicoso format.  I think the Beli is Romeo’s fullest flavor stogie.  I also love the deep reddish color of a good Romeo Beli.  What’s your “secret” love and why?

7 hours ago, dowjr1 said:

I’m not sure if I just have a thing for Romeos as a brand (I do) 

I have had a couple good RyJ, but mostly they've been pretty crappy examples, however, I remain a fan. Just nabbed some psp petit chruchills. What are some other, less popular. RyJ you would reccomend?

I feel pretty lonely about liking the RyJ PC. With a few years on it I think it’s a real winner.
With the exception of short, wide and the regular Churchill, RyJ as a marca doesn’t get much love in general among enthusiasts imo. It always crosses my mind every time I light one up.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ry27 said:

I have had a couple good RyJ, but mostly they've been pretty crappy examples, however, I remain a fan. Just nabbed some psp petit chruchills. What are some other, less popular. RyJ you would reccomend?

The Churchill is the most popular of their lineup and is awesome when on point.  The Wide Churchills have been great also.  Pres and co are usually pretty good at finding those deep reddish wrappers that are the key.  But honestly there are a lot of people who like their smaller offerings as well.  It was a friend, who returned from an overseas trip, that brought a small Romeo back for me to try.  I almost didn’t smoke it as I don’t like the smaller formats much. But it was super dark and oily....simply amazing. Poof! Hooked on Romeos.

7 hours ago, Ry27 said:

Exhibition No. 4. I smoked a box of 2013s last year. Very nice. The rough edges gave way to smooth as silk sweet, woody, fruity notes. 

Juliettas! I've had several tins of these and they just exude RyJ in a 15 minute form-factor. 

*For me it's Cuaba - any Cuaba.  I have never had any Cuaba that left me disappointed. Thus, I'm always amused a little to see so many negative comments about it :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 5:40 AM, El Presidente said:

Nice call on the R&J beli ?

I am fan as well.

My pick is the Partagas Culebras.  May look goofy, but boy do they pack some flavor.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:49 AM, BrightonCorgi said:

I am fan as well.

My pick is the Partagas Culebras.  May look goofy, but boy do they pack some flavor.

I have never smoked them...always a bit of a curiosity and wanted to give them a go.  Is the taste different vs other Partis?

18 minutes ago, dowjr1 said:

I have never smoked them...always a bit of a curiosity and wanted to give them a go.  Is the taste different vs other Partis?

Full strong smoke that very few Partagas of recent have.  Reminds of the Partagas Serie D No. 3 LE 2001, but as a skinny cigar.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 2:40 AM, El Presidente said:

I will go with the Boli 1 Tubos. I should have kept my mouth shut ?

I got SO excited to see them in the carts a few weeks ago.  Bought two boxes.   

Then found out it was an error...  ?

Partagas Aristocrat - the Party Short's sibling in a du Prince size. Can be hard to find admittedly, but I'm amazed that don't get mentioned more around these parts.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

Partagas Aristocrat - the Party Short's sibling in a du Prince size. Can be hard to find admittedly, but I'm amazed that don't get mentioned more around these parts.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

Oh yes! The aristocrat is a hidden gem for sure. They could charge me twice as much and I would still buy it.

I remember several years ago when I first discovered it. After trying it I gifted one to two of my friends on separate occasions. They aren’t geeks like us but they’re not clueless either, and they like partagas. I give them one and just said the same thing “try this one and tell me what you think. I’ll tell you later about the cigar. I just want you to try it first”. They really liked it. Afterwards I tell them the price and age (I think it was 11 & 14 month old when they smoked it). They were very impressed to say the least. None of them could believe that something so cheap could taste so good. We all have our preferences but I knew it was a solid cigar when both of them reacted the same way I did.
  • Like 1