Marca you care the least for?

I know it's all subjective, but still fun to hear peoples opinions on this. For the sake of argument, let's omit the cheapies (Quintero, Vegueros, Piedra, Guantanamera).

For me it's Quai d'Orsay. I've never had one that impressed me in the least.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant believe anyone would think Bolivar was their worst marca??  I am not one that is able to pick out certain nuisances or flavors, i either like it it or dont, Bolivar to me is just exceptional...it

That would be Montecristo for me. Every tasting note and review I read goes "Cocoa, cream, coffee ". I just get old wet ashtray.

The worst is Cuaba but the most disappointing is Montecristo by far.  Being one of the three brands that are everywhere across the globe they should have a better hit rate. Especiales is the only current regular production I like and you hardly ever see those on the market anymore

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buck14 said:

The worst is Cuaba but the most disappointing is Montecristo by far.  Being one of the three brands that are everywhere across the globe they should have a better hit rate. Especiales is the only current regular production I like and you hardly ever see those on the market anymore

Monte is a fascinating choice to hear. Most of the vitolas are underwhelming, but I love Eddies, Dbl Eddies & the whole Linea 1935 line.

• Like 1

Rafael Gonzalez. I have a box each of Perlas and PC’s, both with at least 3 years of age, and I’m not getting any love from either.

• Like 4

I'd have to say Bolivar, if it wasn't for the BBF I wouldn't even purchase the marca or have tried any of the other vitolas, haven't got into the RC, PC, CJ just can't get into them. 

7 minutes ago, mtd057 said:

Fonseca.  I have tried many times but I just don't get them.  Not for me!

3 minutes ago, Astar20 said:

I'd have to say Bolivar, if it wasn't for the BBF I wouldn't even purchase the marca or have tried any of the other vitolas, haven't got into the RC, PC, CJ just can't get into them. 

I also find Bolivar and Fonseca underwhelming.

• Like 1

Cuaba for me. By a mile  

Really surprised by the Bolivar votes. Although that is probably the Marca most in need of age to shine.  

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

Perhaps a more fitting title for this post would be "What's the worst marca, and why is it Cuaba?" :lol:

Monte is frustrating for me, too. Some of them are fantastic, but too many of them taste like - as others have mentioned - the bottom of an ashtray. Makes me reluctant to ever buy any. I don't know which I'm gonna get.

Cohiba! With exception to Esplendidos, most of the brand tastes like smoking hay, and gives me a dry mouth, yuk! 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

Cohiba! With exception to Esplendidos, most of the brand tastes like smoking hay, and gives me a dry mouth, yuk! 

That's God's marca...and he's pissed now!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With all the negative press, I've yet to try a Cuaba, but my least favourite Marca is Por L. I get frustrated that I can't even spell it, but mainly because I've never had one I've liked. The PLPC I find harsh, and the PLMC better but meh. Granted never had one over 2 years old. 

Interesting that so many people said montecristo so far. I never liked monte either and thought I was weird for not liking it. Although I actually like the espies no2. My problem isn’t that I don’t like the flavor, because I do, but I always find the flavors to be muted. Same goes for San cristobal and VR.
Brands where I simply don’t like flavor has to be diplo and LGC. Diplo has weird taste and LGC is just earthy. Reminds me of the earth in bolivar but without anything else in it.

1 hour ago, FatPete said:

With all the negative press, I've yet to try a Cuaba, but my least favourite Marca is Por L. I get frustrated that I can't even spell it, but mainly because I've never had one I've liked. The PLPC I find harsh, and the PLMC better but meh. Granted never had one over 2 years old. 

Definitely watch the 24:24 I purchased a half cab with 2 years on them already.  They are not harsh at all tons of burnt sugar.

Scdlh Tastes like paper to me. Never get what lots talk about flavor wise . Followed closely by Fonseca mostly tastes like dirty tobacco to me. 

But monti I like a a lot. Lol. Funny how it goes 

• Like 1

Upmann - all of them so far.  Mag 46, Mag 54, #2, Connie 1, Connie A...I just don’t get anything from this Marca.  I still have a lot of samples to try and I’m giving them more time and reducing RH but so far, Upmann is my least favorite.  I want to like it but it does nothing for me. 

• Like 4

Fonseca by far. Never liked them, never had a good one. Milder blends anyway so they've never really fit the bill for me.

Marcas I generally pass over are Quintero and LFDC only because they don't have any premium models anymore. Not a big fan of Hoyo either. I'll go for an occasional San Juan or Rio Seco but in general Hoyo DNA isn't for me.