Marca you care the least for?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant believe anyone would think Bolivar was their worst marca??  I am not one that is able to pick out certain nuisances or flavors, i either like it it or dont, Bolivar to me is just exceptional...it

That would be Montecristo for me. Every tasting note and review I read goes "Cocoa, cream, coffee ". I just get old wet ashtray.

Anyone hating on Cuaba hasn’t had the right Distinguidos experience.  That’s one fine smoke.    I say pass on Rafael Gonzalez, go with Quintero for the battle of the basement, and one smoke everyone had their tits pinched about for a bit was RASS and baby, it’s just not for me.  If I want a fruit forward smoke I’m going RnJ wide Churchill. 

H. Upmann. 100%. They taste like pinché mierda to me. Every single one. I think it's sort of like cilantro. There's some aromatic compound in HUs that strikes many people as delightful, and hits others (like me) like a bar of soap in the mouth. I think the same flavor/compound is present in the JL2, as well, and is the reason so many of us love the, but i hate them. Upmanns are utterly and superlatively repulsive to my palate. That said, though I didn't smoke a lot of them back then, I don't remember noticing this flavor in them prior to the ~y2k strain changes.

1 hour ago, cfc1016 said:

H. Upmann. 100%. They taste like pinché mierda to me. Every single one. I think it's sort of like cilantro. There's some aromatic compound in HUs that strikes many people as delightful, and hits others (like me) like a bar of soap in the mouth. I think the same flavor/compound is present in the JL2, as well, and is the reason so many of us love the, but i hate them. Upmanns are utterly and superlatively repulsive to my palate. That said, though I didn't smoke a lot of them back then, I don't remember noticing this flavor in them prior to the ~y2k strain changes.

Maybe you're right about the HUP cilantro comparison...I adore every one I smoke, but I also love cilantro lol

3 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

Maybe you're right about the HUP cilantro comparison...I adore every one I smoke, but I also love cilantro lol

I like cilantro, too. That's actually a genetic thing - the hatred for cilantro. The people with that genetic marker are called 'super smellers'. They're sensitive to a particular chemical in the plant that other people can't taste. It's a fair comparison to my experience with that 'h upmann thing', though, I reckon.

• Like 1

Really surprised by the Bolivar votes. Man they are awesome when they are on and decent when off in my experience. And I just can't see cigars getting much better than some of the recent Upmann production.

I've been underwhelmed by Montecristo a lot more than I have been overwhelmed. Can't tell how many times I've tried to go back to Monte 4s and 5sd and I don't think I've ever had a good one. I've had a good amount of outstanding monte 2s and petit edmundos though. 

My vote also goes to Cohiba though. The Linea 1492 line anyway. I just haven't had enough clasicos but the few Robustos I have had were all exceptional. I have a sneaking suspicion that I would consistently like the Linea Clasico. For whatever reason I still haven't got around to buying any Esplendidos Especiales or Panetelas.

22 hours ago, spicycorona said:

Really surprised by the Bolivar votes. Man they are awesome when they are on and decent when off in my experience. And I just can't see cigars getting much better than some of the recent Upmann production.

I've been underwhelmed by Montecristo a lot more than I have been overwhelmed. Can't tell how many times I've tried to go back to Monte 4s and 5sd and I don't think I've ever had a good one. I've had a good amount of outstanding monte 2s and petit edmundos though. 

My vote also goes to Cohiba though. The Linea 1492 line anyway. I just haven't had enough clasicos but the few Robustos I have had were all exceptional. I have a sneaking suspicion that I would consistently like the Linea Clasico. For whatever reason I still haven't got around to buying any Esplendidos Especiales or Panetelas.

Love your breakdown. Here's my review of your review ?: HUP might be the best all around marca, especially in the past couple of years. Bolivar hate is super weird haha. Monte rarely over-delivers, especially in their thinner regular range. Linea 1492 line is pretty boring compared to Linea Clasica. YOU SHOULD BUY ESPYS & CCEs.

*For me, Fonsecas (the No.1 is passable). And Trinidad. Don't like that one, period. It was only good at its introduction as a Fundadores released in 1993. The ones now :no:   :thumbsdwn:

Cuaba overall, but I gave up on it a long time ago and haven't done any further research when there are so many great smokes I already love. Most recent disappointment vs. the same smokes "back in the day" definitely goes to Punch. Punch Punch, DC's, and SS's were my all-time favorites at one time, and these days I just can't find a PP after a few different box purchases that has that x-factor to keep me interested.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:09 PM, spicycorona said:

Totally agree, I wasn't much of a Bolivar fan bc the nicotine would always floor me, as im quite the lightweight with nicotine buzz, but recently ive became more tolerant of it and the Bolivar Marca has quickly become my go to, along with Upmann. Upmann is a fantastic house, I love them. However, I don't think I have EVER had a good Connie 1. If the OP was asking for your fav Marca and worst Vitola it would be their hermosa 4 Connie 1. ive had countless plugged, under-filled, or just plain crap versions, from multiple vendors, im sure its an anomaly but I still love Upmann. Just recently I bought some clearance Connie 1 from 24:24, they are very light wrappers, and feel that they're not plugged, so here's to hoping...